Chapter34

*Brandon*
Amanda and Ava headed back to Amanda's house earlier this morning. I was sulking in my kitchen when there was a knock on the door. I opened it to reveal Clare and....Nathan. I was in no mood to talk to him. I am pissed at him. "Hey." He whispered. I said, "Hey Clare, What's up?" "Nathan I believe has something to say to you." Clare said. I said, "I don't want to hear excuses about last night, I really don't. Go hang out with Riley for all I care Nathan." Nathan was looking down and Clare said, "He is hung over you know." "Yeah, Ava thought Nickolas might've been in control last night." I said. Clare looked at Nathan and asked, "Was he?" "No." Nathan whispered. He yanked out of Clare's grasp and walked away. He went the opposite way of his house. "Where is he going?" I asked. Clare said, "To breathe I guess. He got really drunk last night Brandon." "I know, but an apology with the explanation isn't going to make me forgive him." I said. I was upset too, but mostly at how he didn't have the commonsense. I shook my head and said, "Bye Clare." closing the door in her face. I went straight into my room and stayed there.

*Nathan* (Nickolas in bold)
I walked away from Brandon's I didn't know what I was doing. I think I might've been listening to Nickolas. The next thing I knew I was at a store buying a pack of cigarettes and a lighter. I left the store and went to a park and sat down lighting a cigarette. How do you smoke?
Kid it relieves stress. It might be bad for your system, but it calms you down
Why are you giving me advice?
Because, you screwed up like I would. I mean I wasn't able to tap into what you were doing last night because you were so intoxicated.
You are being nice. Since when is Nickolas the Badass nice?
Because you are Nathan the innocent, I'm not allowed to be nice.
That's not what I meant.
You are crying you know.
What?
Feel your face.
I brought my hands up to my face feeling the wetness of my tears. God what has happened to me? I am starting to break apart. What happened last night is why I fucking hate parties. Something bad always happens to me.
Something bad always happens to you because you allow it. You allow me to take control of you when in reality I am not you alter ego, just your bundled up conscious angered. You just give yourself a different name. Your eyes change color to your mood when you are angry and frustrated. You let anger build up until something terrible happens to you and you do stuff to hurt others to make yourself feel better. You bully Clare and Kendall, along with kids at school. The same way you are bullied, sometimes physical and sometimes verbally.
Oh really. So you are just me. Am I insane?
Only if you believe yourself to be, Nathan.