81 - 90

Ling Yi felt restless and walked back and forth in the room, making the young male servant behind him feel dizzy.

“Childe, don’t worry. The Fifth Young Lady is coming soon. I almost feel dizzy due to your walking back and forth,” the young male servant could not help saying.

This was a house facing the water, lying on the way from Bright Frost Garden to Qingrong Courtyard.

Ning Xueyan would surely pass through this remote place if she came from Bright Frost Garden. A maid of Ning Yuling was waiting in the road ahead. When Ning Xueyan arrived, the maid would tell her that Ning Yuling was here and trick her into coming.

“Go and see if the Fifth Young Lady is here.” On thinking that the beauty would soon belong to him, Ling Yi was so excited that he could not sit still.

“Childe, the Fifth Young Lady is coming!” suddenly, the young male servant shouted excitedly and waved to Ling Yi while peeping through the door.

Hearing that, Ling Yi quickly went to the door and peeped through it, immediately fixing his eyes on the woman on the road.

A girl dressed in plain white clothes came into Ling Yi’s view. The longer he looked, the more beautiful he thought she was. He could not even look away. From now on, such a beautiful woman would belong to him, which greatly excited him.

“Childe, we’d better hide first,” the young male servant warned Ling Yi.

Ling Yi was almost dragged behind the screen by the young male servant.

There was a small side door behind the screen. The young male servant skillfully went out from the small side door and hid behind it to eavesdrop.

The door opened. Lanning frowned and asked while looking at the empty room, “Young Lady, the Second Young Lady had you wait here?”

Ning Xueyan took a look at the room and walked in while Qingyu guarded by the door vigilantly.

With a few steps, she walked over to the screen, which blocked half of the layout in the house. It was an ordinary screen. Ning Xueyan pushed it with her hands and found that it was not heavy.

.....

Ning Xueyan tilted her head and hinted to Lanning. Then the two forcefully pushed the screen together. The screen fell down, revealing Ling Yi, who only wore underwear. He was frightened and stepped backward, leaving the place where he had been hiding.

“Ah, there’s a thief!” Before everyone could see clearly, Lanning screamed while kicking a chair down on its side, which then hit Ling Yi’s feet. Ling Yi took two steps askew, fell to the ground, and could not help letting out a cry of pain.

Ning Xueyan pulled down the curtain and threw it toward Ling Yi while retreating.

Lanning tucked the letter that she had prepared into Ling Yi’s clothes before everybody outside came in.

Several older female servants who usually did unskilled work rushed in when they heard the noise in the house.

“Hurry up, there’s a thief here,” Ning Xueyan said while pointing at Ling Yi, who was entangled by the curtain and could not get free of it at the moment. “He dared to try to steal from Lord Protector’s Manor. Beat him!”

The maids and older female servants did not clearly see what had happened and only heard the voice of a man. It was a great event for a male burglar to appear in a courtyard of the womenfolk. So they all rushed in, afraid of falling behind, and then caught Ling Yi and beat him.

These older female servants and maids were strong. So Ling Yi was beaten seriously while shouting loudly, “You bitches… stop! I am Childe Ling Yi.”

The Devious First DaughterOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara