441 - 450

Ning Xueyan guessed right. The Third Prince held a great feast in his own manor for the ministers who supported the Fourth Prince, but suddenly there was a blazing fire there. This news was sent to the palace urgently and the emperor was rudely awakened from his sleep. He immediately summoned the two princes to his side and scolded them severely. To be specific, his lecture was divided into three aspects: their country, their father and son, the emperor and his minister.

The Third Prince said that he had done nothing except for talking and drinking with those ministers. Unexpectedly, someone could not stand it and deliberately set fire to his manor. Hence, he aired his grievances in front of the emperor and kept begging him to find the arsonist to seek justice.

However, the Fourth Prince said that he did not know anything. He even had no idea that his people were invited by the Third Prince to have a drink. How would he know that it had something to do with him? It was so unfair.

Both of them claimed to be in the right about that. Later, Honored Consort Ya and Honored Consort Shu also heard about it. They hurried to kneel in the Imperial Study together with their sons. They cried and complained of being wronged, which gave the emperor a headache. In the end, the result was that the emperor only issued symbolic punishments for these two princes.

After that, the emperor scolded both Honored Consort Ya and Honored Consort Shu, then went straight to the Qiongfeng Palace of Honored Consort Xia.

After this farce, it was already midnight when Ao Mingyu returned to his manor. The servant sent by Mammy Luo was waiting for him at the door. When he saw Ao Mingyu getting off the carriage, he ran over and reported to him. However, after getting through the fire event and the emperor's scolding, Ao Mingyu, an even-tempered man, was almost incandescent with rage now.

Ao Mingyu could not maintain his gentle smile anymore. When he heard that Ning Qingshan got into trouble again, he threw a cold glance at the servant, then ignored him and turned to go inside. Although the fire had been put out, there was still a lot of work to be done and everything was still in a mess.

When the servant of Lord Protector's Manor saw that the Third Prince ignored him and went straight into his manor, he hurriedly grabbed a person behind him and asked, "Your Highness, does he... agree or not? Our Third Young Lady's leg is broken. If it is not looked into soon, her situation might worsen."

"Don't worry. She won't die soon. Now the palace gate is closed, so wait until tomorrow!" The man said sourly. If it were not for his master who had once cared about the Third Young Lady of the Lord Protector's Manor, he would not have talked to him at this time. Did he not see what was going on? He actually came here to cause more trouble.

After saying that, the man pulled his sleeve aside and hurriedly followed the Third Prince into the manor. Finally, they left that servant alone there.

The closed palace gate meant that the Imperial Physicians on duty were locked up in the palace, but not all the Imperial Physicians were there, on duty. The other Imperial Physicians lived outside the manor. Even if the servant of the Lord Protector's Manor knew it was an excuse, he could not do anything about it.

It was messy at the gate of the Third Prince's manor. A crowd of people were handling all kinds of affairs that night and the scene was chaotic. Nobody paid any attention to him. Only when it was dawn, did someone come out and take him to the doctor who was good at setting bones. Then they hurried to Cold Mountain Temple in the early morning to set Ning Qingshan's bones.

In Cold Mountain Temple, Ning Xueyan woke up from her sleep and found that it was already bright outside. Lanning and Xinmei had been waiting by her bed for a long time. Hearing the sounds from the bed, they hurriedly lifted the curtain. When they saw that Ning Xueyan looked fine as she laid in bed, they smiled happily.