211 - 220

“I’m not talking about you. Why are you thanking me?”

Ning Qingshan’s smile froze at the words. Being mercilessly mocked by Fourth Prince, Ao Mingwan, she could not even sit calmly. Her face turned pale and she felt both humiliated and angry. Her eyes immediately turned reddish with tears. She did not know why Fourth Prince, who had been sparing no efforts praising her with a look of adoration on his face had suddenly spoken these.

How could she stand this?

Hearing what Ao Mingwan had said, Ning Qingshan was not the only one to be shocked. Everyone wondered what Fourth Prince meant? Why had he said that he was not talking about Ning Qingshan? Could there be anyone else he was talking about?

Ao Mingyu looked at Ao Mingwan silently. His eyes flickered, but he said nothing.

Ning Xueyan glanced at Ao Mingwan in confusion, then at Ning Qingshan. She lowered her head again and was ready to wait and see. It was really an unexpected episode of the play!

Ning Lingyun widened her eyes in surprise. When she saw Ning Qingshan was about to cry, she followed Ning Xueyan’s suit to lower her head as well. Since everyone’s status in the present was higher than hers, of course she should not speak at will.

Madam Dowager gasped for a while and then turned her head to Ning Huaiyuan beside her, hinting him to say something to ease the embarrassment.

“Fourth Prince, this is my third sister!” Ning Huaiyuan cleared his throat and said with a smile, trying to explain why Ning Qingshan had responded his words. Since everybody had been praising Ning Qingshan, it was normal for her to say something to show her modesty. They wondered why Fourth Prince had been so angry and yelled at her.

“What? She is Third Young Lady!” Ao Mingwan froze for a while and then jumped up. He pointed at Ning Qingshan and shouted angrily, as if he had been cheated, “How can she be Third Young Lady?”

“Fourth Brother, she is Third Young Lady!” Ao Mingyu had to explain to him. He said gently.

“Then who is she?” Ao Mingwan asked loudly in anger, pointing at Ning Xueyan. If that woman was Third Young Lady, who the perfect and most lovely ‘Third Young Lady’ in his heart actually was?

“That’s my fifth sister!” Ning Huaiyuan remembered the moment Ao Mingwan and he had seen Ning Xueyan for the first time after he returned the manor. Ning Huaiyuan had mistaken Ning Xueyan for Ning Qingshan, so he had told Fourth Prince that the Young Lady they saw was Ning Qingshan. He didn’t know he had the wrong person until he met Ning Xueyan again. But he had never thought that Fourth Prince would have made a mistake even worse than he had done.

Ao Mingwan had not only had the wrong person, but had sent the gifts to the wrong person as well.

.....

“You also…” Ao Mingwan widened his eyes and said incoherently after looking at Ning Xueyan and Ning Qingshan for a while. Ning Xueyan was calm, but Ning Qingshan had a mixture of shame and anger on her face.

“I had the wrong person as well on the other day!” Ning Huaiyuan explained helplessly.

Ning Huaiyuan had never expected that a casual remark would have caused such a big trouble! He had been confused recently, wondering from when Fourth Prince began to have a crush on Ning Qingshan, and Fourth Prince had even sent some gifts to comfort Ning Qingshan and express that she was special for him. Ning Huaiyuan had thought that because Ning Qingshan was too charming, Fourth Prince had fallen in love with her.

However, to his surprise, his mistake had caused Fourth Prince’s misunderstanding, and mistaken Ning Xueyan for Ning Qingshan!

Hearing their conversation, everyone knew that the reckless Fourth Prince had mistaken Ning Xueyan for Ning Qingshan. An obvious unpleasant look flashed on Ao Mingyu’s face. He walked over and pulled Ao Mingwan by the hand. “Come on! Apologize to Madam Dowager! You’re an adult now. How could you make such a mistake? People will laugh at you,” he said gently.