431 - 440

Moreover, the attitude of Prince Yi was unclear. After the matter of changing the jade Ruyi, Madam Dowager couldn’t dare to say that Prince Yi didn’t care about Ning Xueyan at all.

But if she couldn’t record Ning Huaiyuan as Madam Ming’s son, Ning Huaiyuan wouldn’t be able to become the Princely Heir of Lord Protector’s Manor. Madam Dowager had prepared this for Ning Huaiyuan for a long time.

Since Madam Ming had passed away, if Ning Huaiyuan wanted to be recognized as Madam Ming’s son, he had to win Ning Xueyan’s approval. On behalf of her mother, Ning Xueyan could drink the tea offered by Ning Huaiyuan, which meant that they had officially acknowledged Ning Huaiyuan. Then he would become Madam Ming’s son as well as the eldest son of the Lord Protector. It was natural for him to become the Princely Heir of the Lord Protector.

At first, Madam Dowager thought that it was a piece of cake. As long as she revealed some of her intentions, Ning Xueyan dared not disobey. However, the current situation was far from what she had expected. Madam Dowager even thought that Ning Xueyan had known her thoughts because she could always make the key points.

Ning Xueyan didn’t agree nor disagree with her. For a moment, Madam Dowager couldn’t figure out whether Ning Xueyan understood her or not. So she couldn’t make up her mind.

“Madam Dowager, the Ming’s Manor sent an invitation. They invited the Fifth Young Lady to pay homage to Madam Ming in Cold Mountain Temple.” An older female servant suddenly came in from outside and respectfully presented Madam Dowager an invitation card.

“What?” Madam Dowager’s face darkened as she asked in a hurry, and then her face turned gloomy.

The older female servant was so scared that she didn’t dare to hide anything. She replied in a hurry, “Madam Dowager, it’s from the Ming’s Manor. They said that they are holding a memorial ceremony for Madam Ming at Cold Mountain Temple. So they come here to invite Fifth Young Lady to pay homage to Madam Ming.”

Of course, biological children were the best choices for holding a memorial ceremony. Aside from Ning Xueyan, Madam Ming had no other children.

Madam Dowager’s hands went limp, and she almost fell forward because she was unable to hold her walking stick in her hand. Ning Xueyan, who was standing beside her, hurriedly reached out to support her and help her stabilize herself.

“They… are going to hold a memorial ceremony for your mother?” Madam Dowager’s face was as black as the bottom of a pot, and her eyes looked very vicious. She stared daggers at Ning Xueyan and asked her through gritted teeth. If Ning Xueyan was involved in this matter, she would never forgive her.

At first, Madam Dowager wanted to minimize the impact of Madam Ling’s scandal. Although she had committed a crime and had been demoted to a concubine, as long as Madam Dowager kept it a secret, she could suppress the scandal to the minimum extent. Of course, it was for Ning Huaiyuan because she wanted to record Ning Huaiyuan as Madam Ming’s son in the family tree before everyone knew it.

By that time, Ning Huaiyuan would have become Madam Ming’s son. As for the mistakes that Madam Ling made, since Ning Xueyan could recognize Ning Huaiyuan’s identity on behalf of Madam Ming, it meant that Madam Ling’s matter had nothing to do with Ning Huaiyuan. Ning Huaiyuan had to be a good person. Otherwise, why would Ning Xueyan accept him on behalf of Madam Ming?

Since he was good, and he had been recognized as Madam Ming’s son, he was able to inherit the title of Princely Heir in every way. The emperor couldn’t bring up this matter again because the victim didn’t complain but would have to admit that Ning Huaiyuan was a good person. Moreover, when Madam Ling framed Madam Ming, Ning Huaiyuan was a kid who knew nothing about it. It was impossible for him to get involved.