581 - 590

It was still early when Ao Chenyi came over, but he must have stopped somewhere else for his face was covered in sweat. The first thing he did upon arriving was taking a quick bath and then changing into an ordinary home attire. Before marrying him, Ning Xueyan sewed several home attires for him and kept them in the Pear Flower Garden.

He had been moving those attires to the Moon-embracing Tower, so there weren’t many left here.

Thus, aside from running her errands, Ning Xueyan had been sewing more attires for him. This was, of course, the part that made him the happiest.

She was rather speechless as she watched him step out of the bathroom with his black hair scattered over his shoulders. She put down her needle and thread, stood up, and grabbed the clean towel that Eunuch Zhu was handing her. After pulling Ao Chenyi toward the couch in front of the bed, she began to dry his hair.

“If Xianyun stirs up any more trouble, you can kill her.” He indicated Eunuch Zhu to throw the handkerchief to the floor. His thin lips were curved into a sinister smile.

That was Yun Luoluo’s handkerchief! Ning Xueyan noticed the handkerchief as well when she turned the corner and it went without saying that she saw Eunuch Zhu picking it up. An idea came to her, lighting up her beautiful watery eyes. “Why didn’t you keep it yourself? It smells so nice!”

If she could smell it from such a distance, that could only mean that the handkerchief was heavily perfumed. She could even smell something familiar; it was a popular scent sold in her very own Yuyan Shop. She had requested Lanning to formulate the scent and sold it at the highest price, too. It seemed that Yun Luoluo had poured an entire box of fragrant powder on the handkerchief.

However, putting too much was as bad as not putting enough. The handkerchief was so heavily perfumed that what was supposed to be a light pleasant scent became suffocating.

“What’s wrong? Are you jealous?” Ao Chenyi asked lazily, casting her a sidelong glance.

“Why would I be? I just think it’s a great waste to use so much fragrant powder! She poured it all on the handkerchief. If she uses it a little every day, it could have lasted her an entire month. What a waste,” Ning Xueyan said regretfully. She put more force into wringing the towel so she could drain more water from Ao Chenyi’s hair.

Unfortunately, she was weak. Two wrings were enough to consume all of her energy. She glanced at the man who was leaning against her with a satisfied expression and his eyes closed, somewhat speechless.

Lately, whenever he took a bath at her place, he would inexplicably make her dry his hair.

Ning Xueyan had no choice but to say, “Chenyi, I don’t have any strength anymore!” She pouted where he couldn’t see her.

“It’s okay. I’m not in a hurry.” He was so languid that he didn’t even open his eyes; he looked like he was deeply enjoying this.

Watching him look so satisfied and cozy that he didn’t even feel like talking, a mischievous idea struck Ning Xueyan. Since he was so comfortable, she would reduce that enjoyment for him. She would like to see if he would let her dry his hair in the future after her little trick.

She loosened her grip and grabbed several strands of his hair in the towel, ready to pull it to the side. Suddenly, the demon with his eyes still closed said lazily, “Don’t hurt my scalp or the next time I help you…”