601 - 610

Watching Chen Hexiang get blindfolded again and taken out of the room, Ning Xueyan led Xinmei and Lanning back to the main building and sat down.

Xinmei made a cup of tea for Ning Xueyan and asked rather worriedly, “Master, will Chen Hexiang go back on her word when she gets to the Justice Department?” It was evident that Chen Hexiang wasn’t a good woman; she looked like she had so many ideas when she was kneeling on the floor earlier.

“She won’t.” Ning Xueyan took a sip of tea and said leisurely, “She might even be worried that we won’t let her go.”

Chen Hexiang had become a fugitive concubine after causing Ning Ziyan’s miscarriage. If she didn’t make herself useful, the mysterious Madam wouldn’t keep her. Besides, her complaining about Ning Ziying’s death was a much bigger problem than her causing a fellow concubine’s miscarriage.

When that time came, all eyes would be on Ning Ziying. No one would care if she had pushed Ning Ziyan and caused her miscarriage. She was also an important witness in this matter. Xia Manor and the Lord Protector’s Manor could kill her but once the complaint was filed at the Ministry of Justice, it would be the biggest guarantor of her safety.

“What time should we send her to the Ministry of Justice tomorrow?” Lanning asked.

“After lunch tomorrow. We have to let the palace banquet happen smoothly, lest people think His Highness has issues with Prince Xiang and Prince Fu and deliberately caused trouble at the banquet.” Ning Xueyan smiled. She had the whole plan laid out in her head. There would be many eyes watching at the banquet for Prince Xiang and Prince Fu. If something were to happen at the banquet, and related to Prince Xiang at that, people would surely suspect Ao Chenyi.

Post-banquet, it shall be! The matter would be exposed eventually anyway. There was no need to rush it.

Tomorrow would also be the day that she truly avenged herself, the day where her grievances in her past life would be revealed to the world. Xia Yuhang and Ning Ziyan had an affair early on and both their manors already had plans for an alliance marriage. They hid everything from her and even cruelly drowned her in the lotus pond.

Everything happened because of that marriage.

The alliance marriage between Xia and Ning Manors had long been rumored, and the ones involved were undoubtedly Xia Yuhang and Ning Ziyan. Who would have thought that the original fiancee was still alive in this world, only that she was fooled by everyone in the Lord Protector’s Manor and Xia Yuhang?

Later on, Xia Yuhang and Ning Ziyan were punished because of Madam Ming’s death. But no one protested their marriage because both families spread rumors that their engagement had been decided when they were merely children.

She suddenly recalled Xia Yuhang’s seemingly affectionate words that day. To treat a concubine like a wife; what a “loving” remark! Perhaps even Xia Yuhang himself thought he was loving. He might have thought that he had been fooled by Madam Ling and her daughters into causing her death and put the blame on everyone but himself. This was the true face of the “noble” Xia Yuhang.

His gentleness and affection in front of her in the past were all just a pretense.

Ning Ziyan and her mother’s viciousness was even more horrible to think about. Not only did they steal her fiance, but they even made sure she had no way out. They ruined her reputation, had people beat her up, and finally drowned her and Xiang’er in the lotus pond.

When she was reborn, she told her in no unclear terms that she would seek her revenge!

Ning Xueyan rested in the secondary manor for a while before returning to Prince Yi’s Manor for lunch. There was a palace banquet tomorrow. If she spent the night outside, she wouldn’t be able to make the banquet.