141 - 150

“You saw Fifth Young Lady with a man?” Ning Lingyun asked excitedly, widening her eyes.

“Yes, miss. That man is young and very handsome. Moreover, I saw Fifth Young Lady vomit holding a tree once; it looked like she was…” the older female servant paused and dared not to continue. Ning Lingyun was very excited.

A man had taken Ning Xueyan out of the Lord Protector’s Manor! Most importantly, she was about to vomit! She must have been pregnant! Hearing such a shocking secret about Ning Xueyan, Ning Lingyun couldn’t control her joy.

If not because of Ning Xueyan, everything would have gone smoothly as she plotted. Although she reached her goal finally, everyone in the manor looked down upon her. Thinking about this, she wanted to kill Ning Xueyan.

She hadn’t expected that if she had got her way, it would be a terrible disaster for Ning Xueyan. Because if that was the case, Ning Xueyan would have only committed suicide to prove her innocence or married Marquis of Ping’an, which would make her live no better than die.

“Good! I’ll visit Fifth Young Lady right now.” With that, Ning Lingyun put on her cloak and was about to walk out.

“Ning Xueyan is not in her room now. If I go to her place and prove it in person that she is out at the moment and report it to Madam Dowager, then she couldn’t hide the secret of having an affair with a man from others!” Ning Lingyun thought.

“Miss… wait! The man looked very aggressive. If he finds out that you blew the whistle, he might kill you!”

Seeing Ning Lingyun was serious to reveal them, the older female servant was anxious. She immediately grabbed Ning Lingyun’s cloth.

The older female servant had hidden in a corner just now when the handsome man found her. She almost fell to the ground under the cold gaze of the man. She had been in the Lord Protector’s Manor for some time, so she knew such a man couldn’t be ordinary. If Fourth Young Lady exposed Fifth Young Lady’s secret, that man must be annoyed, and Fourth Young Lady might lose her life because of this.

Since he was able to freely come and go of the inner courtyard of the Lord Protector’s Manor, it would be a piece of cake for him to take someone’s life.

“I’m not scared. It’s the Lord Protector’s Manor here. I don’t believe that he dare kill me here!” Ning Lingyun would never miss such a good opportunity, and she believed that the guards of the Lord Protector’s Manor were capable enough to protect her.

“Miss, you should think it over. No guards found him come and go of our manor just now. I believe that it wasn’t his first time to do this. However, nobody else in our manor has found him before, so he must be no ordinary. If you annoy him, he might hurt you and even kill you. It won’t be worth it.”

The older female servant knew that Ning Lingyun planned to rely on the guards of the manor, so she tried to persuade her to give up this idea. She clung to her dress and didn’t want her to go.

.....

At the thought of the man had found her in the corner, the older female servant began to regret to have told the secret to Ning Lingyun. She worried that something bad might happen.

Hearing what she said, Ning Lingyun began to fear too. She was sure that she would enjoy an extremely distinguished and prosperous life in the future, so it was not worth dying for Ning Xueyan. She thought the man who took Ning Xueyan away must be a desperado. On the contrary, she was going to be the Consort of Princely Heir of Commandery Prince Li soon, so her life should be much more precious than a desperado.

But she didn’t want to let go of Ning Xueyan easily. She thought for a while and walked back to the room. She paced back and forth in her room and then whispered in the older female servant’s ear, looking confident. The older female servant widened her eyes and nodded hard.