251 - 260

“Marchioness, what do you mean?” Ao Mingyu was also stunned. But then he asked, narrowing his eyes.

Seeing the Third Prince’s expression, Madam Ling thought that for the moment, he could not remember the “Yan’er” that she was talking about was Ning Xueyan. So she explained more straightforwardly.

“Third Prince, Fourth Prince, I am talking about the thing that the Fifth Young Lady has done. She behaved disgracefully just now in the backyard. With a man, she… But it was an accident and a misunderstanding. For she is a Young Lady of the Lord Protector’s Manor, I hope that both of you forgive her. I am here to apologize to you for her misbehaviors.”

Madam Ling heaved a deep sigh, appearing like a loving mother who truly cared for her daughter. Thus, when she indiscreetly mentioned the man, she deliberately stopped talking and successfully aroused everyone’s curiosity. These people present were at a loss. Out of curiosity, they speculated that the Fifth Young Lady must have done something scandalous, and the two princes happened to witness that.

Hence, Madam Ling had to come out and make small talk to explain.

“What’s wrong with the Fifth Young Lady?” Although Ao Mingyu was still smiling, a little cold expression appeared inside her eyes.

“Just now in the backyard, the Fifth Young Lady…” Madam Ling thought she had clearly explained this thing, but she didn’t expect that the Third Prince still looked as if he didn’t understand the situation. She couldn’t help looking up at the Third Prince in surprise. With such a clear explanation and the scene that happened before, how could the Third Prince not understand?

“Hahaha!” Standing next to them, Ao Mingwan, the Fourth Prince, seemed to understand Madam Ling’s words, and he suddenly laughed.

Not knowing what was going on, everyone landed their eyes on the Fourth Prince, who almost stumbled because of laughing, feeling even more confused. Beyond that, Madam Ling stopped halfway abruptly and didn’t even finish her words.

Ao Mingwan finally stopped laughing. Resting his hand on the forehead, he asked Madam Ling, “Are you hinting at the fact that a man and a woman had a secret date in the backyard?”

Bringing up the matter directly, he came straight to the point. Hearing his words, Madam Ling felt delighted. She hurriedly seized this opportunity and rushed to say, “The Fifth Young Lady didn’t know how to behave properly and made a mistake. Please pardon her for doing so, Your Highness.”

“The Fifth Young Lady? What does this have to do with the Fifth Young Lady? Why are you talking about the Fifth Young Lady all the time? Does the woman who was involved in this matter have something to do with the Fifth Young Lady?” Ao Mingyu couldn’t bear her any longer. Looking at Madam Ling’s feigned smile, he smiled coldly.

A wave of inexplicable anger emerged in his heart. When he was in the Cold Mountain Temple, he told Madam Dowager that he wanted to take Ning Xueyan as his co-consort. Though nothing happened after that, Ao Mingyu didn’t care. After all, he concentrated his heart and soul on Ning Qingshan at that time. But no matter what, he had expressed his interest in Ning Xueyan to them.

Thus, merely for his sake, people in the Lord Protector’s Manor should not treat Ning Xueyan too harshly. Moreover, Ao Mingyu planned to let Ning Xueyan marry into his manor through this Beauty Contest. But now, without knowing what exactly had happened in the backyard, Madam Ling frequently mentioned that Ning Xueyan was involved. Obviously, she was determined to ruin her reputation. But by doing so, Madam Ling showed him no respect!

.....

Suddenly, Ao Mingyu burst into anger, which greatly frightened those ladies and Young Ladies there. They immediately felt quite strange when they thought of Madam Ling’s words. Then, the scene quieted down.