101 - 110

The hall was magnificent and could accommodate hundreds of people. A large red and gold carpet covered the ground and dragons were carved on walls and pillars.

The emperor was sitting in the middle of the hall and Ao Chenyi was sitting on another chair near the emperor. He still wore a black robe, on which bloody equinox flowers were embroidered. Ao Chenyi was looking at Xia Tian and Ning Zu’an who were kneeling with a faint smile on his face. He was looking forward to what was about to happen.

“Your Majesty, my son and daughter-in-law had already been engaged. And the date of their marriage had been fixed. So they were allowed to meet, so that they made a mistake after drinking. It’s my duty. Your Majesty, please punish me!” Xia Tian explained in a natural tone while kneeling there and lowering his head with respect.

Xia Tian did not pass the buck, but said that Xia Yuhang and Ning Ziyan made a mistake because they were drunk and it was not a big deal because they had been engaged.

“Your Majesty, my mother saw Childe Xia was drunk that day and asked my daughter, his fiance, to take care of him. Unexpectedly, they… I’m also responsible for that. Your Majesty, please punish me.”

Ning Zu’an also confessed his fault and did not pass the buck.

Their words made the emperor and others feel that both of them were responsible. Many people also felt that this was really not a big deal. Since they were going to get married, such a mistake could be understood.

It had nothing to do with immorality.

“Your Majesty, Childe Xia and the Eldest Young Lady of Lord Protector’s Manor misbehaved after drinking. Then the First Madam of Lord Protector’s Manor concealed the death of Second Madam of Lord Protector’s Manor. I think the reason is the misbehavior of Childe Xia and the Eldest Young Lady. According to what Lord Protector said just now, he knows this matter. But I remember that Lord Protector said he didn’t know before.”

An official who had a bad relationship with Ning Zu’an at ordinary times stood out and said.

This official directly contradicted what Ning Zu’an said both just now and before. Immediately, the whole hall became quiet. The emperor sitting on the hall coldly looked at Ning Zu’an with a dignified look.

“Your Majesty, I really don’t know. My wife was afraid that this matter would be known to many people, so she even didn’t tell me.” Ning Zu’an paused for a moment and then said what he had already prepared. “This is all my fault. Please punish me.”

Ning Zu’an and Xia Tian had discussed this matter yesterday. They made an agreement that they had to say that they didn’t know this matter. Anyway, Madam Ling had been punished last time and would not be punished for the same thing.

Ao Chenyi, sitting on one side, suddenly turned his head elegantly and asked curiously, “Lord Protector, are you really the host of Lord Protector’s Manor?”

.....

His question made Ning Zu’an blush and sweat!

Would others believe that the Lord Protector knew nothing about such a big matter happened in his manor?

As the saying goes, to regulate the country and the world rightly, one must regulate his family first. How could Lord Protector regulate the country and the world rightly when he could not regulate his family?

Ning Zu’an had thought that the emperor could not do anything with him as long as he insisted that he did not know this matter. But now he realized that something was wrong. He raised his head and looked at the emperor who was sitting in front of them and coldly looking at him. But before he explained, the emperor spoke directly.