521 - 530

After hearing that Ao Chenyi would be building a greenhouse and planting flowers in the manor, Ning Xueyan put aside her embarrassment and looked up. “Your Highness, you’re picking a garden to build a greenhouse in the manor?” she asked in surprise. That meant that she wouldn’t have trouble making her face powder anymore. She could procure the flowers necessary to make powders to match every season.

“Yes, just do whatever you want in my manor. Even if you want to demolish the neighboring few gardens to expand your Pear Flower Garden because it’s too small for you, I won’t say a word about it,” Ao Chenyi nodded and said earnestly.

“No thanks.” Ning Xueyan’s beautiful eyes flickered as an idea came to her. “I only want a person from you.”

“Who is it?”

“A man!”

“Me?” Ao Chenyi’s half-squinted eyes were filled with mirth and his voice sounded more playful than usual. “If it’s me that you want, all you have to do is tell me. I’ll serve you well.”

“I don’t want you!” When Ao Chenyi leaned in, Ning Xueyan pushed his face away. Her cheeks were red from embarrassment.

“Who is it if not me?” Ao Chenyi became unhappy, and his expression darkened as well. Immediately, he was surrounded by a cold aura.

Ning Xueyan was speechless. This man was so unpredictable! His mood would change quicker than the turn of a page. She reached out to hold his large hand and drew a big circle on his palm. “Your Highness, I want a guard from you. I want a male guard to help me with matters outside the manor. Xinmei is a girl working in the inner courtyard; some matters are inconvenient for her to deal with.”

“All right!” Ao Chenyi’s mood improved greatly after feeling the numbness in his palm. It was rare that she would be this proactive. His face was full of smiles again as he agreed to her request.

“Aren’t you going to ask about my plans?” Ning Xueyan asked curiously.

“Just do whatever you want!” Ao Chenyi raised an eyebrow. His charming, almond-shaped eyes carried a touch of softness yet mostly exuded an inherent domineering air. “My woman can do whatever she wants.”

He didn’t seem at all concerned that she would flout the law.

Ning Xueyan stared at his handsome face, momentarily speechless. How could he trust her not to get up to some tricks, such as doing something to Commandery Princess Xianyun? Not only did she have Xinmei on her side, but she would have another aide soon. She was much more powerful in Prince Yi’s Manor than the Princess.

“What’s on your mind? Remember that you’re the one that I married willingly. Don’t worry about other women.” Ao Chenyi reached out to pinch Ning Xueyan’s nose sweetly and carried her to her feet. “I’ll head to the Fragrance Garden first. Come with Xinmei later,” he said, letting her go.

“You still need me there tonight?” Ning Xueyan asked, blushing.

“If not? It’s not like you’re willing to let me stay here.” Ao Chenyi raised an eyebrow. A look of realization suddenly crossed his face, and he acted as if he would sit down again.

“Your Highness, please go ahead. I’ll join you in a while.” Ning Xueyan decisively gave up trying to persuade him. Judging from the Princess’ expression today, she knew that the Princess wouldn’t let her live easy if Ao Chenyi dared to sleep at her place again.

“I’m hungry.” Ao Chenyi didn’t feel like leaving anymore. He tugged Ning Xueyan’s hand so that she would sit down, looking like a hooligan who refused to leave until he was fed. Such a cheeky Prince made her speechless indeed, so much so that she began to wonder if she had misunderstood him all along. Was this that arrogant, powerful, and cold-blooded Asura, Prince Ao Chenyi, who would claim lives each time he lashed out?