401 - 410

Ning Xueyan did not stay out for too long. She was just taking a look today. After all, she had to ask Han Dazhuang to recheck the location of the shop. She had chosen some streets that looked good, but she would have to inquire if there were any suitable shops there. Such things did not happen by chance. It was better to choose a suitable one.

After she explored the surroundings for a while, Ning Xueyan’s carriage returned to the manor. When she got off the carriage, she suddenly saw another carriage at the side. She looked at it carefully and found that the carriage was not from the manor. She winked at Lanning, who was standing beside her. Lanning understood and went out to make some enquiries. Then, she caught up with Ning Xueyan.

“Young Lady, I heard that Childe Yueming from the regions south of the Yangtze River, came to visit the Marquis. He is now at the Marquis’s place.” Lanning took a breath, walked to Ning Xueyan, and whispered to her.

“Childe Yueming? Hua Yunheng?” Ning Xueyan stopped for a while, but then she went on. She really did not know what had happened that year. Hua Yunheng had stayed and then left her family for no explicable reasons. It seemed that everything was complicated and confusing. But no matter what, Hua Yunheng was only Childe Yueming, and he had nothing to do with her previous life. So, he could not directly intervene in the affairs of the Cloud Reflection Courtyard.

So what if Brother Hua knew that she was dead? Perhaps he still remembered his younger sister. He came especially to visit and inquire about her. She had been a loser in her previous life. She neither knew who her biological parents were, nor what went on in her foster parents’ minds. She did not even know about her brother, who had appeared so suddenly out of nowhere, in their family.

In the past, she had gone along with this elder brother wholeheartedly. She had even been sad for a long while after his departure. In her heart, she had blamed him. Even if he had to leave in a hurry, he should have written a letter to explain it to her. However, he had been gone for so many years, and it was as if she did not exist.

In this life, she knew that this was not all she was not aware of. Childe Yueming was a man of talent and came from a wealthy family. Why did he live in an ordinary mansion for two years? Could it be because of her real identity in her previous life, the Great Elder Princess of the previous dynasty?

Seeing that Ning Xueyan’s expression changed a little, Lanning suggested, “Young Lady, do you want me to see what Childe Yueming is doing here?”

“Don’t bother. It has nothing to do with us.” After taking a deep breath, Ning Xueyan smiled faintly and felt a little bitter. Anyway, she had died in her previous life. No matter how many people were pursuing the Great Elder Princess, it had come to an end. People died as the lights went out. So, she should cut off all the karmas from her previous life.

She was the Fifth Young Lady of the Lord Protector’s Manor now, not Ning Ziying, who had a mysterious identity and had been plotted against, by many people.

“Young Lady, that childe is looking at you.” Xinmei suddenly reached out and pulled Ning Xueyan’s sleeve, alerting her as a handsome young master came out from a moon gate on the right side. He was dressed in a snow-white robe, which made him look handsome and tall. There was a sash the color of jade tied around his waist. His starry eyes were slightly narrowed, and he exuded an air of elegance and nobility.

He was really from a millennium family with a profound background in the regions south of the Yangtze River City. He could be compared to an actual member of the royal family.

Two beautiful ladies accompanied him. One was gentle, while the other was charming, and they greatly enhanced the gentle and elegant image of the young master. The gentle maid was Fenglian, whom Ning Xueyan knew. When they were in her manor, she was the one who served Hua Yunheng, and she was the only one. As for the other one behind him, she must be one of Hua Yunheng’s four maids. Ning Xueyan suddenly remembered what had happened on Peach Blossom Island.