421 - 430

When Mother Han returned to the manor, the lights were already on. She greeted the gatekeeper and hurried into the Bright Frost Garden. Ning Xueyan was having her dinner. When she saw Mother Han coming in, she nodded and asked her to rest first, and then kept quiet while she ate and rested. Therefore, it was not convenient for her to talk for the time being.

Qingyu handed Mother Han a cup of tea, obediently. Looking at Mother Han’s face, she asked in a low voice, “Is there any news?”

Mother Han nodded joyfully, indicating that she would talk later. Qingyu retreated to Ning Xueyan’s side and served Ning Xueyan a meal, with Lanning.

Ning Xueyan did not eat much, so she wiped her mouth with a handkerchief, after she ate a little. Then, Lanning and Qingyu began to clear up the dishes on the table.

“Mother Han, have you found out about that prescription?” Ning Xueyan looked at Mother Han’s happy face and asked with a smile. The matter of the incense had been made clear. It was the other kind of medicine with a fishy smell that Mother Han could not find out about, for some time.

“Young Lady, what a coincidence! When I went out to select a site for the shop, I saw a clinic. Due to some urgent matters at home, the doctor was in a hurry to go home. He asked me to check at the store. I casually asked him if there was any prescription for pregnancy, and I actually found it.”

Mother Han took out a prescription from her pocket and handed it to Ning Xueyan. Then she told her what the old doctor had said to her.

“Young Lady, the old doctor said that this prescription was actually not a good prescription for pregnancy. Most people do not dare to use it. Although the prescription can greatly increase the possibility of conceiving, the child’s life would be at risk. If something goes wrong, the expectant mother may have a miscarriage. Even if she lies in bed for ten months and gives birth to a baby, the child might turn out to be stupid or even die. There are even two-head monsters.”

“Did she make a mistake? It’s so extreme. How could the First Madam use this medicine?” Qingyu gasped and asked in surprise. Anyway, the prescription did not seem to be used by normal people. Even if the First Madam wanted to have a child, she would not have wanted a deformed or a dead child.

Moreover, there were monsters with two heads.

Seeing Ning Xueyan looking at her with a puzzled look, after she heard what Qingyu said, Mother Han added, “Don’t worry, Young Lady. To make it clear, I specially asked about the smell of medicine. It is said that it has a fishy smell because there is a woman’s human placenta in it. It smells worse than the general prescription. Moreover, with the human placenta, it may have been placed there for a long time and could be rotten, and it will have a fishier smell.”

The human placenta was the afterbirth of a newborn baby.

“No wonder the smell was so strong that day, and the smell in the room was so fragrant.” Qingyu was suddenly enlightened.

The heavy fragrance was to cover the fishy smell of Madam Ling’s medicine. Ning Xueyan had figured out why Madam Ling did not care about Ning Ziyan at all, when she pushed Ning Ziyan into the lotus pond. One of the reasons was that Ning Xueyan was no longer who she was before.

The most important reason was that she did not dare to get out of bed, because she could be pregnant and feared a miscarriage. Therefore, she would not be angry with Ning Xueyan because of Ning Ziyan. About the incense in the room, Ning Xueyan had already known that it was an aphrodisiac, on that day.

No wonder Mother Chen had invited Ning Zu’an to come over to suppress the evil spirits for Madam Ling, time and again. It turned out that she wanted to trick Ning Zu’an into sleeping with Madam Ling, so that she could have a baby. So many things had happened in the manor. It was said that Ning Zu’an had not visited Madam Ling’s Auspicious Clouds Courtyard for a long time, and the relationship between the two had fallen to a freezing point, because of what had happened in Cloud Reflection Courtyard. So, she used this method to trick Ning Zu’an into staying in the manor.