161 - 170

Ning Qingshan returned to the Lord Protector’s Manor in the morning the next day.

It caused a sensation because Third Prince came to the Lord Protector’s Manor to visit her.

Ning Qingshan had always enjoyed a good reputation among the noble ladies in the capital. All the noble families praised her when they talked about the young girl of both loyalty and filial piety. Moreover, although she had been meditating in the nunnery, she would have written some poems occasionally, so she was also famous because of her talent.

Even though she was only an adopted daughter of the Lord Protector’s Manor, she enjoyed a higher reputation than the daughters who were born by the principle wives of Lord Protector. Besides, Third Prince and Honored Consort Ya paid special attention to her, so few ladies among the noble families could be as famous as she was.

In her last life, Ning Xueyan had no connection with Ning Qingshan, so she didn’t know much about her. She only knew that the maids and the older female servants respected Third Young Lady very much. But after what happened yesterday, Ning Xueyan knew she should be more cautious in the face of Ning Qingshan.

She had her right arm wrapped in white gauze and then put her garment on. She didn’t put a lot of gauze on, so it didn’t look obvious. It was her first time to meet Ning Qingshan, so she didn’t want to cause her attention. Without touching her hand, nobody would find that the gauze under her garment.

After Lanning had brushed hair and worn the hair ornaments for her, Ning Xueyan walked to Lucky Garden with her. It was said that Third Prince had arrived in the early morning and there was something wrong with Ning Huaiyuan. Ning Xueyan thought her Third Sister was by no means ordinary.

Before they could enter the Lucky Garden, they heard a burst of laughter come out from the room.

Ning Xueyan was now a frequent visitor to Lucky Garden, so the maid didn’t report to Madam Dowager and let her in.

The moment she lifted the curtain, she saw a beautiful girl intimately sitting beside Madam Dowager. She looked gorgeous in a luxury green dress with a fair complexion. There was a pink color on her face and in her watery eyes, there was a trace of a smile. The gold pendant of her hairpin didn’t shake at all and she looked graceful and decent.

She was no less beautiful than Ning Yuling, the famous Young Lady in the capital, and compared to that arrogant girl, she looked more elegant and generous.

It was rare to see such a decent girl of a noble family like her!

Ning Qingshan chatted with Madam Dowager and made her laugh from time to time. Meanwhile, she lowered her head slightly and chatted with Third Prince occasionally. Obviously, she didn’t ignore anyone or being too flattering. It had been three years since she left the manor and she was more sociable now.

.....

Hearing someone lift the curtain, she raised her head with a smile.

She was surprised when she saw a girl was looking at her too. This girl had jade-like eyes, long and black eyelashes, and there was a cold and bright gleam in her beautiful eyes. She observed further, and found that the girl in front of her was a delicate beauty, although she hadn’t fully developed yet and her face and her lips were too pale.

These weren’t detrimental to her exquisite face, and made her more delicate and touching! From her eyes, one could tell that she was quick-witted.

It was foreseeable that how beautiful she would be when she grew up!

“How beautiful! Grandma, who is this sister?” Ning Qingshan looked at Ning Xueyan with a gentle smile and calmly asked.

Watching her come in, Ning Huaiyuan, who was sitting aside felt a little uneasy.