351 - 360

Tears fell from Junior Concubine Xu’s face. The timid beauty was crying so bitterly that Ning Zu’an should take pity on his new beloved woman. But now he only felt hatred and anger. He went forward, grabbed her by the neck, and pulled her to her feet.

“Tell me, why did you do that?”

Recently, so many bad things had happened in the Lord Protector’s Manor. Even Madam Ling, who had always been gentle, was not what she used to be. Therefore, Ning Zu’an was perturbed. Xu Yulian was able to serve the master in bed, due to her good fortune. As an ignorant concubine, she always tried to please him, so Ning Zu’an felt comfortable.

He had always given in to Junior Concubine Xu’s requests.

He did not expect that she would use this sort of witchcraft to kill the whole family. Besides Madam Dowager’s, Madam Ling’s, and Ning Yuling’s, his birthdate was also written on the dolls. She wanted to ruin the foundation of the Lord Protector’s Manor. How could he not be angry?

“Marquis… Marquis… I…” Junior Concubine Xu was so scared that she could not utter a complete sentence. She kept spitting out single words and her eyes rolled upwards, looking as if she was going to die.

“Father, please stop. Junior Concubine Xu can’t say anything in her condition. Maybe she has a grievance.” Looking at Ning Huaiyuan, who was expressionless, Ning Xueyan stepped forward and persuaded him gently.

“Bi*ch! Tell me!” Ning Zu’an’s sharp eyes fell on Junior Concubine Xu’s pale face that had been pinched. Then, he threw her violently to the ground. He wanted to see how the little bi*ch would explain.

Junior Concubine Xu was thrown to the ground and rolled over a few times. She could not get up for a while.

“Junior Concubine Xu, where did you get these cloth dolls from?” Ning Xueyan came behind Ning Zu’an and spoke to Junior Concubine Xu, who had fallen hard on the ground, had a bleeding nose and her face was swollen. It seemed that she was trying to absolve Junior Concubine Xu. Ning Zu’an snorted unhappily and felt that his daughter was too softhearted.

“No… it’s not mine. I… I don’t know. It’s not me… It’s true. Marquis, it’s not mine.” Suffering such a big change in her situation, Junior Concubine Xu was in a state of confusion, as she looked for Ning Huaiyuan among the crowd, while she hastened to defend herself. Tears ran down her face, and her face was streaked with mud. She was not as beautiful as she used to be.

In the crowd, Ning Huaiyuan looked at her indifferently and said nothing. His expression was no different from that of the people around him.

“Junior Concubine Xu, why did you curse Grandmother? I remember that the old lady was very kind to you. You have to show some evidence to convince Father to believe you.” Ning Xueyan followed her gaze and looked at Ning Huaiyuan. She smiled and said this meaningfully.

.....

Evidence. How could she have any evidence? Junior Concubine Xu was so anxious that she had no time to think about anything else. Her eyes swept across the faces, in a panic. All the people looked at her with contempt, scorn, and mirth, but no one spoke up for her. Even he stood quietly in the crowd, without saying a word.

Junior Concubine Xu was in a panic. If such a thing happened to Ning Xueyan, as the daughter of the principal wife, she had no choice but to die. If it fell on her, she too would have no chance to live.

All of a sudden, an idea occurred to her. She had evidence! She raised her head and looked at Ning Zu’an.

“Marquis, I did not do it. If you don’t believe me, you can look at the cloth. I don’t have this type of material at all.”