341 - 350

Madam Yu was scared and knelt down to pray in a Land-temple, which was not far away from the manor.

Since the news that Ning Huaijing had killed someone outside, she had gone crazy and ran to this small, house-sized temple to pray. No one could pacify her. She cried and muttered to herself. She knew that there was nothing she could do now, but only hoped that Ning Zu’an could save her son.

The sky outside was already dark. Those who had tried to pacify her earlier, had all gone back, leaving behind only a single lamp in front of a decrepit Buddha statue.

This earthen temple had been built by the people here, and everything was simple and crude. It did not matter whether it would work. During normal days, if someone had something on his or her mind, he or she would come here to pray for peace of mind. It would take several hours to reach the temple nearest to their place, so it was inconvenient.

Madam Yu closed her eyes, put her palms together, and recited the scriptures. After that, she opened her eyes. Looking at the Buddhist statute above, she shed tears again. She was panicky and anxious. Since she came out of the Ning Mansion, she was only concerned about her son. She did not dare to think about anything else.

For her son, she was willing to suffer all kinds of hardship. Her Jing’er was obedient and well-behaved. How could he do something like that?

She did not ask for her son to be rich or powerful, nor did she dare to go to the Lord Protector’s Manor, to turn to Ning Zu’an. She only hoped that her son could stay by her side all the time, in the future.

But now, such a thing happened all of a sudden. It was like a bolt from the blue. How could she stand it?

“Bodhisattva, please bless Jing’er. If he can overcome his problem this time, I’m willing to rebuild your golden body for you.” She kowtowed fervently. Under the light, Madam Yu could only see Bodhisattva’s peaceful smiling face, as if she was blessing others with auspiciousness in the unseen world.

She felt relieved for no reason. Yes, Bodhisattva must know that Jing’er was wronged, and she would find a way out for him.

This thought was in her heart, but she could not stop shedding tears. How could this happen to her Jing’er?

“Yu Qing, are you praying for Ning Huaijing?” A voice suddenly sounded. And seemed to come from afar. Immediately, Madam Yu opened her eyes wide and looked around in horror, but she did not see anyone.

“You don’t have to look for me. I’m right in front of you.”

Madam Yu raised her head, only to see the wooden Buddha’s face in the curling smoke.

.....

“B-Bodhisattva!” Madam Yu shivered with fear and fell backward. She pointed at the Buddha statue in the middle and stammered. However, the fear on her face turned into surprise. She wiped away the tears on her face and knelt down again.

“Bodhisattva, I beg you to save Jing’er. He really has not done anything bad. He really has not done anything bad.”

The Bodhisattva made its presence felt. It must be because her sincerity touched heaven, or because Jing’er’s grievance had reached the emperor’s ears. So, the Bodhisattva made its presence felt.

Thinking of this, she was not afraid anymore.

“He did not do any bad things. Yu Qing, what about the evil things you have done?” She could not tell where the ethereal voice came from. Looking at the Buddha statue, she thought that it was coming from the Buddha statue.

“I… I have not done anything bad.” Madam Yu argued subconsciously.

“You have, so it rebounding on your son now. Every cause has its effect and vice versa. If there’s no cause for the day, there will be no effect.” The Bodhisattva’s voice was drifting, but Madam Yu’s heart seemed to have been hit heavily.