491 - 500

Of the several princes, only Third and Fourth Princes had grown up and had their own mansions outside. It was said that in a period of time, the emperor would officially give them titles. Anyway, he must let them have official titles before they got married.

Previously, Third Prince’s house had a fire, and the main fire site was in the front yard. Although urgent repairs were done at this time, the house had not been completely repaired yet. Therefore, Ao Mingyu’s meeting place was moved to the backyard. Fortunately, these few women who lived in his inner courtyard did not have titles, so he did not feel this action was reckless.

Ao Mingyu and Xia Yuhang sat in the new study. Xia Yuhang was fiddling with the celadon teacup in his hand, absorbed in thought, and his uncontrollable and excited look that appeared just now had already gone. Instead, he was calm and elegant and even had a smile, but Ao Mingyu walked around twice in the room, looking angry.

“Yuhang, it is said that he went to the Marquis’s Manor to ask for the dissolution of the betrothal, didn’t he? Why did he give it up later?” After walking around a few times, he finally stood in front of Xia Yuhang with a sneer on his face.

“Are you asking so for the good of Fifth Young Lady Ning or the Lord Protector’s Manor, Your Highness?” Xia Yuhang put down the teacup in his hand, raised his head, and asked gently.

“Is there any difference? They are the same!” Ao Mingyu said unhappily, just feeling exceptionally upset. He sat down angrily, picked up the teacup at hand, and drained it. “Now Ning Xueyan is the wife’s daughter of the Lord Protector Manor, and she is about to marry my uncle. Compared with Ning Qingshan who married me, she is much more important.”

He wanted to marry Ning Yuling in the beginning, but Ning Qingshan in the end. Since he would build a marriage bond with the Lord Protector’s Manor, Ning Qingshan was put under the name of Madam Ling. But God’s way is higher than man’s. At last, affected by Madam Ling’s incident, Ning Qingshan had a much lower status than Ning Xueyan.

She became a concubine’s adopted daughter. Then, Ning Zu’an would not spend much time on her.

Compared with the status of the wife’s daughter Ning Xueyan, Ning Qingshan’s status was much lower. Besides that, what made Ning Qingshan a joke was the matter that she took Madam Ling as her foster mother. Originally, she was the wife’s daughter of the Marquis’s Manor, for she was put under the name of Madam Ming, though not comparable to the daughter under the name of the official wife.

Therefore, Ning Qingshan had been striving to change her identity and become the daughter of Madam Ling in so many years of the past.

If nothing bad had happened to Madam Ling, Ning Qingshan would have done the right thing. Although she would have unavoidably been gossiped about by others, she, the consort of Third Prince, would have gotten her social status raised by the Lord Protector’s Manor. Even though some would have thought that she was too snobbish, they would not have been too harsh on her. But it was different now because Madam Ling had become a well-known venomous woman.

Then Ning Qingshan ended up with a funny result that she chose the wrong person. She, who was the wife’s high-ranking daughter previously, became a concubine’s daughter, who was even more lowly than the fake daughter of the wife. More seriously, she had this result due to her own decision, and others would attribute all the ridiculous results to her. Now the outsiders were joking about this matter of Ning Qingshan that she wanted to climb high but fell.

And words about this news became even a little more unpleasant to the ear on the streets.

“It is said that Third Young Lady of the Lord Protector’s Manor is stupid; otherwise, how could a lady with her identity become the daughter of a concubine!”