451 - 460

“Rest assured. I came up to the mountain today with my favorite concubine to pray for blessings. Unexpectedly, I saw Ao Mingyu bully my girl. It’s unbearable to any man. I just slapped him, which is light punishment,” Ao Chenyi said listlessly with a hint of coldness across his eyes.

“Your Highness’s favorite concubine has also come. Where is she?” Ning Xueyan blinked her watery eyes and understood what Ao Chenyi meant. She hurriedly got up, looked around, and asked in confusion.

“Rest assured. Of course, my favorite concubine is in my courtyard. Yan’er, I’m sorry for making you feel aggrieved.” She moved her eyes to look around, looking quite cute and cunning. At the sight of this, Ao Chenyi also raised his face and lazily pinched her ear.

It meant that the person pretending to be Ao Chenyi’s favorite concubine was not here, but in the courtyard where Ao Chenyi usually lived after coming up the mountain. Ning Xueyan didn’t live in the courtyard, where Ao Chenyi usually lived, when recovering from her wounds, although Ao Chenyi spent most of his time in Ning Xueyan’s courtyard.

Of course Ning Xueyan knew that the so-called Ao Chenyi’s favorite concubine was meant to attract others’ attention, and the lady was actually her. She certainly wouldn’t have any trouble with herself, and even got a lot of benefits because of this “Ao Chenyi’s favorite concubine” coming out of nowhere. Even the fact that she and Commandery Princess Xianyun were going to marry Ao Chenyi at the same time didn’t put her in the spotlight. But now, she suddenly had some worries.

“Your Highness, do you really think that we should let your favorite concubine exist all the time?” With a light sigh, Ning Xueyan unconsciously blurted it out. In the past, no one was in charge of the backyard of Prince Yi’s Manor. Although there were numerous women, none of them had status. Moreover, Ao Chenyi showed no tenderness toward women. He was ruthless, and would directly kill the enemies as soon as he found anything unusual.

Thus, even if some people wanted to mess up Ao Chenyi’s backyard, they didn’t dare to act rashly, so his backyard was in a stable situation. Later, ‘his favorite concubine’ showed up, and they got a target. However, this target was protected so well that no one could see her. Even if those people wanted to deal with her, they couldn’t. Besides, those women had no right to say something bad to the favorite concubine.

But now Ao Chenyi was getting married and would have a consort and a co-consort at the same time. Obviously Commandery Princess Xianyun definitely would not leave “Ao Chenyi’s favorite concubine” alone, but this so-called “Ao Chenyi’s favorite concubine” was fictional. They were in the same manor, so it was impossible for Ning Xueyan to play two roles.

“Don’t worry. I have my plan,” Ao Chenyi said with a languid smile and looked at leisure. It was obvious that he had a plan. “Do you want to know where Ao Mingyu is now?”

Where was Ao Mingyu? Wasn’t he in Cold Mountain Temple? Had he gone back in a hurry after being scolded by Ao Chenyi? Ning Xueyan thought it impossible. Ao Mingyu was the Third Prince and had always enjoyed a good reputation. If he really went back in a hurry because of Ao Chenyi and the news went out, it would be a scandal.

If someone observant investigated into it, he might suspect something. It would definitely disgrace Ao Mingyu. So in any case, he should stay in Cold Mountain Temple for at least one day. Besides, he should show his concern for Ning Qingshan gently. But since Ao Chenyi asked this, his meaning should be different.

“Did the Third Prince leave Cold Mountain Temple for an emergency?” Ning Xueyan moved her eyes which were like dark jade, turned her head sideways and asked with curiosity. She really couldn’t figure out what was so important that Ao Mingyu even went down the mountain in a hurry regardless of his good reputation. He had come to Cold Mountain Temple in the name of seeing Ning Qingshan.