181 - 190

Several branches of plum blossom stretched out from the heavy and thick imperial palace wall. A girl stood beside the wall gracefully. On her fair face was a pair of gentle eyes that sparkled with wisdom, and they were watery, as if covered with a thin layer of fog. Although she had not well-developed yet, from her extremely delicate and beautiful features, everybody could tell that she would become an extremely beautiful lady in the future. The snow-white imperial chiffon she wore fluttered in the wind, accentuating her slender waist.

She looked beautiful and smart, but a little bit cold. Under the plum blossom, it felt like this pretty girl was originally part of the beautiful scenery.

It was unbelievable! It was said Fifth Young Lady of the Lord Protector’s Manor was both ugly and unsociable. These rumors were all nonsense! The best things were always hidden before they were shown. Everyone felt that Ning Qingshan was extremely charming after leaving three years, but compared to Ning Xueyan, she was not that shining.

Even though Ning Qingshan did not seem to be inferior from appearance, and she even looked more attractive than Ning Xueyan because of her well-developed figure, how about some years later?

Seeing everyone, including Third Prince beside her stop, Ning Qingshan turned her head along with the gazes of them, and saw Ning Xueyan. She was shocked, and then gloom and coldness filled her eyes because of anger. She was in the carriage ahead of Ning Xueyan’s, and she did not wait for Ning Xueyan before walking to the imperial palace, so she had not seen how Ning Xueyan looked like after dressing up.

Now at sight of Ning Xueyan, she almost could hardly keep her smile. She twisted the handkerchief in her sleeve hard, nearly tore it up.

She admitted that Ning Xueyan was outstanding, but she never thought that she could compare with her. To her surprise, after dressing up, Ning Xueyan was as beautiful as her!

“Third Young Lady?” Fourth Prince, Ao Mingwan’s eyes were shining at sight of Ning Xueyan. He exclaimed in happy surprise and turned to walk toward Ning Xueyan.

The beautiful figure under the plum tree always flashed in his mind, and he could not forget her. He was regret not having spoken to her the first time he saw her because he had worried that it might be improper to do so.

Seeing Ao Mingwan walking to Ning Xueyan, Third Prince’s face darkened. He did not say anything, but walked forward quietly instead. The others moved forward following him.

Now Fourth Prince, Ao Mingwan was the only one in the group going in the opposite direction.

“Third Prince, don’t you want to greet Fifth Sister?” Ning Qingshan asked calmly while walking forward.

“I don’t think it’s necessary. If I have to greet everyone I know, I might not be able to reach the Plum Garden.” Third Prince smiled slightly, looking graceful and proud.

He was the distinguished prince, so of course he could speak that way.

.....

“Everyone he knows?” Ning Qingshan was filled with joy. It meant that Third Prince did not treat Ning Xueyan special. Smile came back on her face and she shifted the topic. “It has been three years. Third Prince, are you all right?” she asked in a soft voice.

This was the secret between them, and Ning Qingshan had never told anybody about it. Whenever thinking about it, she felt that there was a special affinity between Third Prince and her. Also because of this, Honored Consort Ya and Third Prince always thought of her. She leaned closer to Third Prince and said this in a low voice on purpose.

Looking at them from behind, the others would think that the two of them were whispering. The Young Ladies and childes exchanged glances and understood tacitly. It seemed that the rumors about the marriage between the Lord Protector’s Manor and Third Prince were well-founded.