551 - 560

Ning Xueyan leaned against his chest, listening to his powerful heartbeats and feeling his hands gently stroking her hair, and then she had an uncontrollable smile on her lips.

People always have greedy hearts. In her previous life, she died so miserably, so she didn’t want to mention love anymore.

But when he loved so passionately that she had to respond, she then realized that he was not doing this attentively alone.

She said that if he lived, she lived!

He said that he would not leave her in life or death!

Both of them understood the meaning of it. They just cuddled together like this silently for a long time. A wind came inside through the window, making some of her hair fall. He extended his thin long hand over, gently rolling up her…

This lasted for a long time, and then there was a knock on the door, which finally brought the two hugging people back to reality.

Eunuch Zhu stood at the door carrying a big food box, with an uncontrollable smile on his slightly lowered face. “My master finally has someone he loves.” So, as his slave, he was very happy for his master, of course. If his prince hadn’t asked someone to cook the dinner and send it here, he wouldn’t disturb them so stupidly.

“Bring it in.” Ao Chenyi relaxed his hands slightly and said lazily, but he didn’t mean to let Ning Xueyan leave.

Ning Xueyan simply buried her head in his arms, motionless.

Seeing that she cutely deceived herself with the idea that others would not be able to see her if she did this, Ao Chenyi raised the corners of his beautiful mouth slightly. “How come there is such a cute little girl!”

After taking out the food lightly and quickly, Eunuch Zhu left hurriedly and closed the door for them on purpose. Although this was the third floor of the Moon-embracing Tower and it was impossible for anyone else to come up, Eunuch Zhu thought that his mistress seemed to be a shy person, so he could not make her angry from embarrassment or anything.

But if that time came, his master would vent his anger on no one but him.

In order to make her feel at ease and protect himself, he knew that closing the door was his best choice. Next, he listened at the door happily for a while but did not hear anything. Yet, he still went downstairs with a smile.

In whatever sense, the smile was like the one a cat who stole something wore, so that Yu Jian at the door pulled him over, wanting to take him to the side to ask about the situation upstairs. Of course, Eunuch Zhu refused him and simply left with the excuse “No one should inquire about the prince’s affairs.” Standing on the side, Qingyu looked at the pair in front of her curiously.

Upstairs, Ao Chenyi released Ning Xueyan, letting her sit down beside him, served her a bowl of rice, and pushed the red bean cakes she liked to her. She was physically weak, and the physician instructed that she needed to eat more red beans, but Ning Xueyan didn’t want to eat red beans, so red bean cakes were made in the style of mung bean cakes. Unexpectedly, their taste was quite good, and she had even fallen in love with this way of eating.

But why did Ao Chenyi have such things? Seeing that he pushed the red bean cakes to her, she knew that he knew she liked eating them, so she couldn’t help having a smile, obediently took the red bean cakes he had pushed over, picked one up, and tasted it slowly. It was fragrant and sweet, and its taste was indeed the same as the one made in the Lord Protector’s Manor previously. No, it was a little better, in fact.

“She gave you the scented tea that can sterilize a person?” Ao Chenyi suddenly sneered as his gentle expression disappeared.

Ning Xueyan was taken aback but immediately remembered the scented tea sent by Commandery Princess Xianyun when she went out earlier. Knowing that what he said was this matter, she shook her head and said with a smile, “Don’t worry. I know everything about the face powder used to hurt people in the palace. Aunt Xiang taught me that, and she seemed to have a good relationship with my mother previously.”