381 - 390

“Madam, Madam, do you think this letter is for Childe again?” The older female servant was panting heavily and sweating profusely. She handed the letter to Madam Qian.

Madam Qian took it and looked sullen. It was written on such a colorful envelope and addressed to Young Master Ling Yi.

Thinking of this, Madam Qian felt a pain in her heart. “This is my son’s weak point. He always flirts with wicked women outside. After being ignored for some time, a few women will write letters to him. This letter could not be sent to the gate of the Vice Minister of Justice’s Manor. They must have figured out how to send the letters to the back gate.”

Some of them were thrown directly from the top of the wall, while some were thrown at the door. The older female servant who was in charge of the back door would always bring them inside. After encountering this a couple of times, Madam Qian ordered the older female servant to bring the letters to her directly. And because of this, the older female servant looking after the back door also had one additional task at hand.

She had to put the letter away. Otherwise, if others saw it, the Vice Minister of Justice’s Manor would lose face.

With a gloomy face, Madam Qian did not reply the older female servant. She opened the envelope and took out the note inside. After reading it, Madam Qian’s face immediately changed. She stood up abruptly, read it again several times, all the while gritting her teeth.

Unexpectedly, the Lord Protector’s Manor wanted to force her into submission. Initially, she thought that the matter was settled. However, they were so shameless that they were now forcing her to agree. No, she must never agree. Otherwise, her son would be shamed for the rest of his life.

Now that her daughter had become like that, she had to protect her son by all means.

Fortunately, Ning Yuling did not want to marry Yi’er, so she sent a letter and told her about Madam Dowager’s plan. If Madam Dowager was firm about it, her husband would agree. At that time, Yi’er would be ruined.

“Go, find some jewelry in the warehouse and go over to the Qian Manor. Tell them that we want to propose marriage to the Eldest Young Lady of the Qian Family. And, bring her written marriage proposal right away.” For a moment, Madam Qian had made up her mind. Her sister-in-law had told her more than once that she wanted to unite with the Vice Minister of Justice of the Ling Manor through marriage.

She had always looked down upon her sister-in-law, so she did not agree. But now, no matter what, her niece was better than Ning Yuling, who had lost her virginity. Swift action was the best tactic. They must secure an engagement before Madam Dowager made her intentions clear.

According to her master’s character, as long as Madam Ling cried in front of him, he would sacrifice his son. In that case, Madam Qian would die with regrets.

“Yes, I’ll go now.” Although the older female servant did not know what had happened, she also knew that Madam Qian was highly strung, judging from her look, so she responded immediately.

“Take the Childe’s written marriage proposal with you and exchange it for Miss Qian’s. Let’s have dinner together tonight. It’s an engagement banquet, and we can announce it directly to our relatives and friends.” Madam Qian was really worried. She did not care about etiquette and decided to arrange a marriage for her son.

.....

After the matter became legitimate, the Lord Protector’s Manor could not force Ling Yi to marry Ning Yuling. Would Ning Yuling be willing to become Yi’er’s concubine? Madam Qian believed that the Lord Protector’s Manor would prefer to let Ning Yuling become a concubine in the Minister Xia’s Manor.