531 - 540

This was Prince Yi’s Manor, not her homeland of Yunnan. She couldn’t just do whatever she wanted here.

This was Prince Yi’s Manor. Even if she married the Third Prince in the future, this was still his uncle’s manor. The people here were ranked higher than her.

This was Prince Yi’s Manor. Only they had ever caused trouble for others, never someone else troubling them.

This was Prince Yi’s Manor, a place that had always represented power. Although the status of a Commandery Princess was high, a princess with a foreign surname was still beneath the rank of Prince Yi’s consort, so why was she scolding the consort?

One simple sentence, yet its meaning was multitude. It was enough to render Commandery Princess Muling speechless. No matter what, it seemed that she had no right to scold Ning Xueyan. The person in front of her wasn’t just the unfavored Fifth Young Lady of the Lord Protector’s Manor. Who knew if she would end up offending Prince Yi today? When they were at the front hall earlier, she noticed her older brother was trembling in front of the Prince.

They were on disagreeable terms with each other and she wasn’t in the mood to enjoy the scenery with Ning Xueyan. After a brief conversation, she excused herself saying that she didn’t want to be a bother. Coincidentally, his brother Mu Yunfei—who had been busy dealing with Ao Chenyi—also excused himself in a hurry.

When Mu Yunfei came out of Prince Yi’s Manor, he entered his sister’s carriage instead of riding his horse.

“Brother, how did you meet Ning Xueyan?” Commandery Princess Muling asked, her expression darkening when she saw her brother. Mu Yunfei didn’t react much when Ning Xueyan showed up, but as his sister, she noticed his huge emotional turbulence.

“Who? Oh, you meant Consort Ning. It’s nothing. We don’t know each other.” Mu Yunfei shook his head vigorously and wiped the cold sweat on his face. He had no desire to be gentle now. Remembering the Prince who made him feel cold down to his very core, whose every sentence clung onto the word ‘beauty’, he felt a deep fear.

Fortunately, he didn’t do anything else afterward nor did he investigate Consort Ning’s identity. Had he left any trace behind, he wouldn’t be able to leave the manor so easily.

“If there’s nothing, why are you panicking?” Commandery Princess Muling didn’t believe him.

Mu Yunfei didn’t want his sister to know his true emotions, so he changed the topic to focus on her. He retorted angrily, “Panicking? Speak for yourself. I told you not to interact with Wen Xueran, but you even became his penpal. Are you hell-bent on bringing the Mu Manor to ruin?”

Commandery Princess Muling fell quiet at the mention of Wen Xueran. After a while, she finally said quietly, “Brother, I won’t! Don’t worry. I’m not going to do anything. I just want to make things clear with Brother Ran.” In the past, she really believed that she would marry Wen Xueran.

“Brother Ran! Brother Ran! What would the Third Prince think if he hears? You’re going to be his wife soon! Stay away from the Princely Heir of Commandery Prince Min from now on. If any unpleasant rumors come out of it, it’ll be too late for you to regret,” Mu Yunfei scolded her, annoyed at her attitude.

“Enough, Brother. I get it. Please don’t interfere with my business.” Her eyes turned red at his scolding.

“Even if you don’t want me to interfere, I have to. I’m your brother. You know very well that Yunnan isn’t like Annan. We’re not as powerful as they are. So, don’t do anything that will incur suspicion and jealousy and just behave properly as the Third Princess. Your duty is to bear a son. And if the Third Prince has the chance to ascend the throne, you giving birth to a son is so much more effective than you marrying a Princely Heir.”