221 - 230

Suddenly, the cart stopped, as if it bumped against something. “Have I reached my destination?” Concubine Ma wondered.

Soon, the barrel began to shake again, as if being lifted by someone. Sensing this, Concubine Ma became more assured. She held her breath in the barrel and did not dare to move at all.

The barrel landed firmly, as if being placed on a cart. Then the cart was pulled away. At the beginning, the barrel shook a little, but not seriously. Based on the distance they had traveled, Concubine Ma estimated that they had left the Lord Protector’s Manor. She felt a little relieved. It was really convenient to come out of the manor at this point!

After some time, the cart stopped and the barrel was lifted again. Concubine Ma listened carefully, but heard nothing. It seemed everything was extremely quiet outside. Then something very heavy was hung over the barrel and Concubine Ma felt that under the weight of it, the barrel was likely to fall. Before she could do anything, the barrel suddenly rolled out in the air horizontally.

With a bang, Concubine Ma felt the barrel being thrown into somewhere. The water gushed into the barrel with a splash and the barrel sunk into the depth of the water rapidly. A barrel should not have sunk at such a speed in water!

“Heavens!” Concubine Ma screamed subconsciously and was about to get out the barrel. She realized that the barrel had been tied with an iron block and thrown into the water.

The water rushed in and soon the barrel was full. Concubine Ma could not even stand up and she sank rapidly with the barrel. In her last waking moment, she realized that she was going to die. She had never thought that she would die the moment she had just fled the Lord Protector’s Manor.

If she were given a chance to choose again, she would not accept the gold, and she would not follow the other’s words to frame Ning Xueyan. Then she might not lose her life.

A woman in white stood by the river, watching the barrel sink with a relaxed look. Now there were no more bubbles came out from where the barrel sank. If nobody else had witnessed this, the barrel with an iron block on it and the body of the Lord Protector’s Manor’s concubine might never be found out.

“What a stupid woman! She even thought about getting the second batch of gold. Now she can only ask the king of the hell for it!”

The woman turned to the road beside her and disappeared soon. Only a middle-aged cart driver was left on the bank. He was in a coma beside a cart, on which there were several big barrels.

After a while, this man woke up. He touched his head, wondering why he had suddenly fainted here. He did not find anything wrong and pulled the cart forward along the river bank. He would reach his destination after crossing one more road.

A building made of bamboo stood in a bamboo forest. Although it was in winter, it still looked fresh and elegant.

The woman in white showed up. She walked into the bamboo forest and came over to the building. After going upstairs, she stopped behind a bamboo curtain.

.....

“Master, it’s done!” The woman in white stood there respectful and then bowed to the person in the room, a gentle smile on her beautiful face.

“Are you sure Third Young Lady of the Lord Protector’s Manor is the one we are looking for?” An elegant and alluring man’s voice rang out behind the curtain.

“Yes. I think she is!” the woman answered after a short moment of hesitation.

“You think? You must make sure of it!” With a snort, a powerful energy wrapped in killing intent rushed out and hit the woman. The woman’s feet felt like jelly and she got down to the bamboo floor on one knee with a bang with a trace of blood at the corner of her lips.