391 - 400

Madam Ling had dealt with Ning Ziying herself, so how could she not know about it?

That night, Ning Ziying was drowned in the lotus pond, but there was no one else in the Cloud Reflection Courtyard. The next day, Madam Ming met with an accident. Madam Ming was called over by the Empress and was punished. When she came back, she did not forget to get someone to rip off the cloth tied to the stone. Even if someone found it, it could be said that Ning Ziying had drowned herself in the lotus pond.

Originally, Madam Ling planned to retrieve their corpses from the water to be buried after Ning Ziyan got married. But because of Madam Ming’s death and Ning Ziyan’s marriage, Ning Ziying’s death could not be revealed. Therefore, Madam Ling asked people to take Ning Ziying’s clothes and buried them in a place to avoid any new problems cropping up unexpectedly.

Anyway, even if someone found Ning Ziying’s body in the lotus pond, it could not proven that it had something to do with her. This was also the reason why Madam Ling was not afraid, even though she felt panicky. But now, what was going on with the two torn cloth strips? How could they still be there?

“Doesn’t this mean that Ning Ziying’s death was due to unusual circumstances?”

Madam Ling’s eyes were full of panic and fear. She leaned against the maid’s body and did not feel so good. She was so nervous that she almost used all her strength to suppress her trembling. Madam Ling felt that she had never been so scared before. She subconsciously pricked up her ears and listened nervously to the discussion going on around her.

She was afraid that there would be something related to her. The scene of Ning Ziying drowning seemed to happen in front of her. Ning Ziying’s ears and nose were covered with blood. Thinking of this, she could not help but shiver. “Did Ning Ziying turn into a ghost to look for me?”

Otherwise, how could one explain about the two strips of cloth?

“Mother, was…was Sister Ziying murdered by someone?” A soft sigh sounded in Madam Ling’s ear. It sounded as gentle as a feather, but now it sounded like a huge crash of thunder in Madam Ling’s ears. She could not suppress her panic and subconsciously screamed.

“No, she did not drown. Absolutely not!”

Everyone turned around and looked at the Marchioness in surprise. Their eyes were filled with suspicion.

“Mother, what’s wrong with you? Did you get a shock?” Ning Xueyan asked softly, after a long pause, as if she was also shocked.

Madam Ling saw that everyone was looking at her. She immediately came to her senses and looked around gloomily. Then she looked at Ning Xueyan with a trace of hatred in her eyes. But she quickly suppressed it and said in a low voice, “It’s all right. I was frightened just now.”

“Mother, since you’re scared, I’ll send you back to rest,” Ning Xueyan said with a smile. Then she turned around and walked over to Ning Zu’an. She looked at Ning Zu’an’s sullen face and bowed to him, saying, “Father, Mother is frightened. Moreover, she has not recovered yet. Can I send her back?”

.....

Ning Zu’an, who was angry at Madam Ling’s gaffe, intended to ask Madam Ling to go back. After hearing Ning Xueyan’s words, he nodded at once. He looked at Madam Ling’s show of calmness and glared coldly at her. Then he turned around and went back to the river bank.

“Mother, let’s go back. Don’t be afraid. Sister Ziying will only seek revenge on her enemy. It has nothing to do with us!” Seeing that Ning Zu’an agreed, Ning Xueyan reached out to help Madam Ling up and comforted her softly.