471 - 480

Initially, Ning Xueyan wanted to visit Mother Wang and ask her, but she did not expect to meet Ming Yuanhua coming here with his men as soon as she went down the mountain slope. He said that some items from the palace would be granted to her as a reward and asked her to go back.

When she hurried back to the Ming Manor, the eunuch from the palace rewarded her with a few items in the name of the empress and then left politely.

This was an inexplicable reward. Not to mention that Ning Xueyan had not done anything good recently, as long as the Lord Protector’s Manor with its current condition was not reprimanded, it was a good situation.

Besides that, even if she was rewarded, the reward should be sent to the Lord Protector’s Manor. Anyway, Ning Xueyan was a girl of the Lord Protector’s Manor, but why had the reward been carried to the Ming Manor?

“What do you think this means, aunt?” Ning Xueyan frowned and asked with confusion.

Madam Ming counted the items of reward on the side, which were many indeed. Then, she put down the bolt of satin in her hands. “Maybe the palace thinks that your mansion went through so many bad things, afraid that the marriage between you and Prince Yi will come to nothing, so it tries to bring some grace to you.”

The words were said with an extremely deep meaning. Everyone could see the tit for tat between Prince Yi and the emperor. For the emperor, he was surely most willing to see that Prince Yi’s mansion was not in a good situation. The Lord Protector’s Manor had already become the burden of Ning Xueyan, and the emperor was happiest to see Ning Xueyan marry Prince Yi with this burden.

“But you don’t have to worry about anything. Anyway, you are a woman and can’t make a decision. Since the palace has rewarded you, you just take it. In any case, this is good for you.” Madam Ming heaved a light sigh and touched Ning Xueyan’s head with her hand and asked worriedly, “Didn’t you get hurt this time? Do you need to nurse your health carefully? For a girl, health is the most important thing.”

“Aunt-in-law, I’m truly fine. I was only scratched by a few twigs. Apart from that, I’m fine. The injuries to the internal organs are only used to cheat others, of course.” Ning Xueyan liked this kind and gentle aunt-in-law very much. When she felt the warmth of her palm, she also had warmth in her heart.

“Did the imperial physician from Prince Yi say so because he did get the instruction of the prince?” Madam Ming asked again.

“Yes, Prince Yi and I discussed it and made the decision. Don’t worry, aunt-in-law!” Ning Xueyan nodded and confirmed it again and again.

 Seeing that Ning Xueyan was so sure, Madam Ming relaxed her expression slightly. “Although marrying two consorts at the same time is an honor, you are put into a very difficult situation, in fact. But since Prince Yi could think of the method of letting you show weakness, it proves that Prince Yi is not as cold-blooded as he is rumored. Anyway, he always tries to protect you.”

Madam Ming was indeed worried about Ning Xueyan. For her, the so-called honor was not much too beneficial. Instead, it had made her a thorn in the flesh of Commandery Princess Xianyun even before she was married into the mansion. Commandery Princess Xianyun was the consort and also a family member of the parents of the Empress Dowager, and she also had a relationship with the emperor. Since she had a distinguished status, Madam Ming worried that Ning Xueyan would suffer losses if she confronted her.

Madam Dowager of the Lord Protector’s Manor was truly happy about marrying two consorts at the same time, thinking that this was the greatest honor to the Lord Protector’s Manor, but she did not think of the hidden trouble of it. It was not to say that Madam Dowager was not clear about the trouble in it, but that she had not sincerely cared about Ning Xueyan and only regarded her as a tool for getting promotions.