Chapter 18

"Okay this way." Jenna points to the left while looking at a map on her phone. So they start walking towards the karaoke bar among a crowd of other people. Lynn is a bit unfamiliar with not only all the business but also with going out in general, of course she has heard hundreds of people walk underneath her window almost every day but she has never really went out at this time, let alone going to a bar. So there they walk, Jenna already smiling as she sees all the happy people around her and Lynn a bit scared of what tonight will be like. After about ten minutes they finally arrive at the bar. "Okay it still seems remotely empty, for now." Jenna smirks as she pushes the door open in front of them and walks in, Lynn just quietly follows as she looks around the bar. "Okay so if you go get us some drinks I'll go find us a spot okay." Jenna starts walking away looking for a good spot. "Oh wait!" Lynn says quickly "What do you want?" "Surprise me." Jenna winks at her with a smile before turning around. "Okay this is easy, I'll just get her something she likes, but what is that? what does she like?" Lynn softly says to herself as she approaches the bar. She quickly scans over all of the choices until her eyes land on one particular drink the Ginger Bourbon Smash. "Excuse me what is the Ginger Bourbon Smash?" Lynn asks the barman. "Well it contains a Yellowstone select bourbon with maple syrup, lemon and a bit of ginger in it." The barman tells Lynn. "Yeah sure two of those please." She says as she hands him some money. The barman starts making the drinks as Lynn looks around the bar where she can already see and hear a group of half-drunk friends up on the stage, and right in front of that: Jenna laughing at a table. Lynn stares at how she laughs, how the lights of the stage fall on her face and how her eyes sparkle with joy. "Someone special?" the barman says from behind Lynn, she turns around to see him smile at her with the two drinks in his hands. "What? Who?" Lynn asks. "I saw how you were staring at that girl you came in with, is it your girlfriend?" he explains as Lynn glances over at Jenna again. "No just a friend." Lynn chuckles softly. "Okay if you says so. But after twelve years working in a bar I know a look of love. But if you two are friends maybe I'm wrong." The barman hands Lynn her drinks and walks over to some other people at the bar. Lynn thinks for a second but then she sees Jenna waving at her.

"Took you long enough, were you flirting with the barman or something?" Jenna smirks as Lynn sits down across from her with the drinks. "Ha, ha very funny. No he was just... telling me about these drinks." Lynn rolls her eyes and takes a sip of her drink. "Sureee, but hey it tastes pretty good." Jenna says with squinted eyes after she takes a sip. "Good, but did we really have to sit here at the front, I can smell the alcohol from these guys." Lynn laughs as she points at the group up on the stage. "Yes we did, this is the best place." Jenna also laughs. They just listen to all the bad groups at first while the bar starts filling up with an surprising amount of people. They order a few more drinks until they are both almost on the edge of being drunk. "I'm gonna go to the bathroom real quick okay?" Jenna yells into Lynn's ear. Lynn puts her thumb up as Jenna stands up. At this point the bar is packed with drunk people while even more drunk people sing the worst songs imaginable. "Ooookay, ladies and gentleman, next up with the time of my life we have Jenna and Lynn!" the announcer says over the speakers. Lynn chokes on her drink as she hears her name and moments later sees Jenna walk up on the stage with a microphone. Jenna beckons Lynn with her finger to come up on stage, Lynn just shakes her head with aggression. "She is a little shy, come on people, let's hear it for Lynn." Jenna screams into the microphone. The bar then starts chanting Lynn's name and Jenna is smiling with glee. "Ah what the hell." Lynn thinks before chugging down the rest of her drink as she knows she will need to be as drunk as possible if she wants to do this. The audience goes wild as Lynn walks up on the stage and grabs a microphone. "Yeah there she is!" Jenna yells. "you're terrible." Lynn mouths to Jenna. The music then starts as the bar gets quiet. Lynn sees the words appear on the screen in front of them and starts singing. "Now, I've had the time of my life, no I've never felt like this before. Yes I swear, it's the truth. And I owe it all to you." Of course it doesn't sound great but Lynn has had so much alcohol she also doesn't really care. Then Lynn hears Jenna start: " 'Cause I've had the time of my life, And I owe it all to you." Lynn is surprised by how good she sounds, but also not because, it's Jenna, she can do everything. The song continues and Lynn and Jenna both sing their chest out not caring about anything anymore, it's just them: singing and laughing. Lynn feels like it's only them on the entire world as she hears Jenna sing. Lynn watches how Jenna drunkenly tries to read the words and sing at the same time. She loves watching it, it makes her feel warm, but that could also be the alcohol in her system. So they sing, or more mumble the rest of the song and when the music comes to an end the audience goes wild. Jenna loves it and bows for the people screaming her name but when Lynn is pulled back to reality she drags Jenna off the stage while laughing. They walk outside onto the street and Lynn guides them back towards her apartment.

Both of them are still laughing when they enter the building and it only stops once they walk inside of Lynn's place. "Oh god, I'm so tired." Jenna yawns struggling to pull her shoes off. She then walks towards Lynn's room and falls onto the bed. "Come on Jenna we need to change, we can't sleep like this." Lynn chuckles beside the bed. "Yes we can." Jenna pulls Lynn on top of her. Both of them are now laying in Lynn's bed, Lynn laying on top of Jenna who is hugging her tight so she can't escape. "Hey Lynn." Jenna says softly "I had a really nice time tonight, this entire week actually. And even tho I don't always act like it but, I love you." She says. Lynn can't see Jenna's face but she is certain that she has the same look on her face that she always has when she teases Lynn. "Shut up, I will accept it now because we are both drunk and I'm to tired to get up." Lynn says as she falls to the side so now they're laying together facing eachother. Lynn hears Jenna mumble a bit before she feels her head hit the bed. "Goodnight Jenna." She whispers before falling asleep in Jenna's warm arms.