Chapter 8

"Ok so what do you want to do first?" Lynn asks as she walks next to Jenna in the busy street with all kinds of shops on the sides. There are a lot of clothing stores but also jewelry stores and a few with normal household supplies and other stuff. Jenna looks around at the trees along the road and at all the different shops around them. "Why don't we head in there? I could go for some extra clothes so I don't have to wear things I have already worn this week." She says as she points to a building with mannequins in the windows that are showing of some fashionable clothes. "Yeah sure good idea, maybe I'll get something too." Lynn says as they walk towards the entrance of the store. As they walk in they see racks of clothes, shoes and other accessories. Lynn glances over at Jenna to see what she going to do as Lynn isn't very familiar with going out for clothes, she has had most of her clothes for a while and she never really felt the need to buy other ones. She sees Jenna starting to look around at all the different clothes around them. Jenna then starts walking to a part of the store with a style that Lynn recognizes as she has seen Jenna wear it. "I guess you like this kind of stuff right?" Lynn says as she looks around at the different pieces of clothing. "Yeah this is mostly my day-to-day look, but I think I could go for something else. I still need something for New Year's Eve. Maybe something fancier or at least something that looks actually good." Jenna says as she looks around at different parts of the store with different styes. She walks over to a section that has things that look like something to wear to a party or a special event. "Oh come on Jenna you look good, I like your clothing styles because it is your style." Lynn says as she hears Jenna talk about her own style as if it's not good enough. As Lynn searches for eye contact with Jenna she sees that Jenna turns towards the closest rack of clothes, she hopes that she didn't get to emotional with Jenna but it felt like the right thing to say. Jenna is busy at looking at stuff like dresses and nice looking shirts and pants. Lynn also starts to look at the clothes but she doesn't really like most of the clothes in that section. "Hey is it ok if I go search for some other clothes?" Lynn asks as she looks around at the shelfs and racks with clothing in the store. "Yeah sure, ill probally go and try some things on and see if I like them." Jenna responds without looking at Lynn. Lynn walks away after looking at Jenna one last time to find some clothes of her own.

Lynn wanders around for a while looking at all the different pieces of clothing and accessories. Eventually she stumbles across a few sweaters that she thins look nice. She picks them up to try on later before looking for some other stuff. As Lynn looks at the pile of clothes she has chosen she thinks it's enough for now so she walks over to the dressing rooms. When she is about to step into a stall a familiar voice sounds behind her: "Oh Lynn you're here, great!". Lynn turns around to see Jenna poking her head out of one of the stalls. "Yeah I was just about to try on some things." Lynn says as she walks towards her. "That's cool, but can you first tell me what you think of my outfit?" Jenna says before stepping out. Jenna is wearing a black dress with glitters all over it, the dress stops just above her knees, and she is wearing matching black high heels. Lynn looks for a few seconds as she hasn't seen Jenna like this before and she is more used to her layed back style. "Well?" Jenna asks as she looks down at her dress. "I- it looks amazing Jenna! That is a great dress!" Lynn says in awe. "You kind of look like a disco ball." Lynn giggles. Jenna looks down at her dress again. "Wow! Okay I see how it is!" Jenna laughs offended. "No! no, I love it. It is suits you very well Jenna." Lynn laughs too as she sees Jenna expression. "Ok good, now it's your turn." Jenna says with a smile. "Yeah I got a few clothes here." Lynn says as she raises up the pile of clothes in her hand. "That's not what im talking about, it's your turn for a outfits for new year's." Jenna smiles while Lynn looks up at her with confusion. "Oh no I don't really dress like fancy for things like this, I never have so I don't really know how to." Lynn says trying to explain how she is very basic in her style. "Well to bad! This year you are with me! So you are going to dress for it." Jenna says determined. "And if you really don't know how to I will help you okay?". Lynn thinks for a second but Jenna does have a point, this is different than all the other special events Lynn had in her life. She celebrates with Jenna this year. "Oh what the hell, why not? I'll go try on these things and then you could get me something." Lynn finally says. Jenna's face lights up with glee and Lynn can already see her thinking. "Ok! I will, you won't regret this." Jenna says before closing her changing stall again. Lynn also walks into one and puts the clothes she picked on the small bench. She tries on all of the clothes she had picked and decides to keep all of them, Lynn thinks she can just do it as she hasn't spent a lot on clothes in a while. As Lynn puts back on her own clothes, she opens the stall and steps out where she is met by Jenna. "So did you find something?" Lynn asks as she looks at the cheerful Jenna in front of her. "Yes I did, here you go." Jenna says exited as she hands Lynn the same dress she was wearing earlier but this one is white, Jenna also hands her a matching white pair of high heels. "Now we can have matching outfits!" Jenna says. "So what are you waiting for? Try it on." Jenna asks before shoving Lynn back into the stall before she has a change to respond. As Lynn puts on the dress she feels a little uncomfortable but when she finally has the dress and heels on she can see how good it actually looked in the mirror. "Well are you done?" Lynn hears from outside the stall. "Yeah, I am." Lynn says before straightening out the dress one final time before opening the door and stepping out. As she sees Jenna, she can immediately tell that she likes it, she is clapping and squealing from excitement. "Okay Jenna calm down, it's not that big of a deal." Lynn says a bit embarrassed. "Excuse me? Not big of a deal? You look great, this looks perfect on you." Jenna almost yells out. Lynn blushes as she looks down at her dress again. Even tho she has never really dressed like this it looks really good. And now she has this dress that Jenna picked for her. "Well I'm going to take this off and then we can head to the checkout okay?" Lynn asks as she steps back into the changing stall. "Sounds great, if you could give the dress to me when your done I could already bring it over." Jenna says quickly before Lynn closes the door.

Lynn doesn't think much of it so after she takes her dress of she hangs it over the edge of the stall where Jenna can take it. Just then it hits her: "She wants to pay again, I can't let her do this. My clothes are in there as well. This is not fair." Lynn thinks. She quickly gets dressed before walking out of the stall. She sees that Jenna is gone and when Lynn turns the corner she can see her already at the door. As she jogs over she can see Jenna with her wide smile on her face. "Jenna don't tell me-" Lynn starts before she is interrupted by Jenna. "Yes I did, it's all on me!" She says. Lynn feels somewhat bad for Jenna even tho it was her own choice. "Jenna that really wasn't necessary." She says. "No, but I still did it. So why don't we go home so we can rest." Jenna says still smiling widely. "Fine, but don't make this a habit." Lynn says. She sees Jenna smirk before turning around to walk outside. Lynn hates it when people pay for her as it makes her feel like she is sort of using them, but she knows that Jenna wants it so she feels a little bit better. They walk out of the store onto the busy street. When they walk home Jenna is looking at all the other things Lynn bought while Lynn is in tought again. "How have these two last days been so much more fun than I hade in a while?" She asks herself, but she knows the obvious answer. It's Jenna, Jenna has made this all so much fun. Lynn feels a stronger conection to Jenna then she has had with her previous friends. They enter the building the same way they had the previous times and as Lynn opens the door to her apartment they both walk inside and quickly take of their shoes and coats before sitting down on the couch.