Chapter 29

Lynn walks into her closet to see Jenna hastily search around her suitcase. "Again, you really don't have to do this, my mom is very easily Impressed." "Yeah but I want to blow her away! And it all starts with the first impression, so how I look." Jenna sounds nervous in a way Lynn hasn't really heard before. "Why don't I help you. I, as an expert in my mom, will choose your outfit. So in that case if she doesn't like you, which she definitely won't, it is my fault. Then you can blame me." Lynn says as she kneels down next to Jenna. "Are you sure? I just really don't want to make a bad impression. I have pulled you into my problems when I came here, do you think she would appreciate that?" "My mom would honestly only try to help you too, I got my 'wanting-to-help' attitude from her." Lynn laughs as she digs around Jenna's suitcase. "Here, put this on." Lynn says as she pulls out a black sweater and some grey jeans. "This is all you'll need." Jenna grabs the clothes and looks at them. "Are you sure?" Jenna asks. Lynn nods, she stands up and walks into her room. "I'll, let you get dressed." Lynn says. She starts making her bed while thinking: "This is going to be something, Jenna seems so nervous even though I know my mom will love her, I mean it's Jenna! How could you not love her." Once Jenna has went into the bathroom Lynn walks into her closet. She grabs a oversized white shirt and some black sweatpants. She knew her mom wouldn't mind a bit of a lousy look, she wouldn't even be surprised if her mom looked the exact same. Lynn walks over to the bathroom and knocks. "You ready?" she asks through the door. "Yeah I still have to do my makeup." Jenna says as she opens the door. "See you look nice, almost cute if I'm allowed to say that without being teased." Lynn smiles as she opens the cupboard to grab her makeup. "Yeah sure, sure." Jenna says absent as she grabs some off her own makeup. "Just a little tip. Don't do too much, some basic foundation and eyeliner and it's okay." Lynn says while applying some makeup herself. "You're the expert I guess." Jenna says giving up with trying to impress Lynn's mom with her outfit. "You better be right." Jenna sighs. "Jenna! Come on, why are you so nervous! I have told you already, my mom will absolutely love you! You are Jenna Ortega! Trust me she will be kissing your feet if she was just a little more crazy." Lynn laughs. Jenna smiles "I don't know, it just feels super important, kind of like meeting your lovers partner. It just feels special and I want to do good." "Hey Jenna," Lynn grabs Jenna's shoulder and looks her dead in her eyes. "MY MOM WILL LOVE YOU!" Lynn yells. They both laugh together and Lynn can see that Jenna feels more relieved. "Now we have a little more time to one so I think I'll give you some tips on how to deal with my mom." Lynn smiles letting go off Jenna so she can continue her makeup. "First thing, my mother is definitely going to asks about every aspect of your life, so be prepared." Lynn chuckles.

So Lynn tells Jenna more about her mother and they talk about some possible things they will talk about. Lynn normally wouldn't do this but she can tell it will be usefull and comforting for Jenna. Noon comes around and they're getting ready to leave for lunch. "You ready?" Lynn asks "Kind off, but I'm glad you're helping me with this." Jenna smiles nervously. They leave Lynn's apartment and walk down on to the streets. They walk a few blocks until they turn the corner to see the restaurant they have eaten in the past week. "Okay, let's do this." Lynn grabs Jenna's hand to pull her inside, Jenna struggles a little bit but she walks in after Lynn. Lynn looks around and finally sees her mom sit at a coffee table. "Hey mom!" Lynn says with glee, her mom looks up from the menu with a smile and quickly stands up to hug her daughter. "Hey Lynn! It's so good to see you! So, this is really her!" Lynn's mom says with a smile. "Yep this is her, mom meet Jenna!" Lynn turns a bit to the side to allow her mom to give Jenna a hand. As soon as Jenna lets go of Lynn's mother's hand she intertwines her fingers with Lynn's. "It's so great to meet you Jenna! I can't believe this is really you! I just have to say I'm a huge fan!" Lynn's mom say excitedly as they sit down. Lynn and Jenna sit down on a couch and Lynn's mom on the other side of the table on a chair. "Heh, thank you miss Hutton, it's great to meet you too." Jenna says still seeming very nervous. "Sooo, how are you two!? I don't want to sound like that mom but I can't help it. So are you two... you know... a thing?" "Mom! Come on, I already explained this." Lynn sighs embarrassed. "No it's okay, it's my fault. Miss Hutton, it's a bit hard to explain all this, but yes, Lynn and I have done some things that would make people think we are a couple, but we are not actually one." Jenna explains "Yes mom, we are just friends." Lynn sighs again, she has never felt this embarrassed about her mom before, and her mom has done a lot of embarrassing stuff. "Okay I understand, it's just I saw how you two were kissing on those celebrity gossip sites and I just can't help to think that that's my daughter! Kissing a famous actress!" Lynn's mom chuckles. Lynn and Jenna both blush as they think about the kiss that happened just outside. When Lynn's mother is about to ask a follow up qeustion the waiter comes to take their orders, both Lynn and Jenna pick the first sandwich on the menu because they didn't get to look at the menu.

When the waiter has taken their orders and walks away, Lynn's mom immediately goes back to questioning Jenna. "So is there any new projects I should be aware of." Lynn's mother asks secretively. "Well, I know that there is a new Scream movie going into production soon, I was promised a roll in it but I presume I will have the roll of a victim." Jenna chuckles loosening up a little. "Oh wow sounds fun, so how do you do it. I don't think I could ever act the way you do!" Lynn watches how it almost looks like her mom and Jenna are bonding. She watches how her mom adores Jenna's acting and lists all the movies and series she has seen with Jenna in them. Jenna talks about how it was recoding them and a few behind the scenes moments. "Lynn over here loved to watch: Stuck In The Middle when she was young." Lynn quickly gives her mom a annoyed look. "Oh really now? So Lynn has been watching me when she was younger." "Yeah she has, and I don't want to stoke the fire but she mentioned that she thought your character was very pretty once or twice." Lynn's mom leans in to whisper to Jenna. "MOM! Come on!" Lynn looks at her feet as she turns bright red. "OH wow! Now I think that's really nice of you Lynn, so you're saying I was your celebrity crush when we were younger?" Jenna says teasingly. Lynn's mom laughs to while Lynn sinks in her chair. "Shut up Jenna!" she groans. "I love seeing you two become friends but this feels pretty terrible to me." Lynn's chuckles trying to hide her enormous embarrassment.