Chapter 28

"No, no, no!" sizzles and some uneasy walking can be heard as Lynn slowly opens her eyes, her bac hurts and she feels a bit weird and uncomfortable. "How does anyone do this!?" Lynn sits up and turns towards the voice. "Jenna?" Lynn asks with a sleepy voice, she rubs her eyes and fully opens them to see Jenna in the kitchen, she is wearing an oversized grey shirt with a pair of black sweatpants, she has air pods in and probally didn't hear her. So she watches, Lynn sees Jenna walks from the sink to the stove and back. Then like a shockwave Lynn actually remembers why she was on the couch, why she slept there. "I invaded her privacy, I broke her trust, I thought I ruined our friendship and that she could've been gone by now. But she is right there, trying to...cook?" Lynn thinks. Jenna turns to glance at Lynn, she looks back before doing a double take. "Hey...you're awake." Jenna says as she takes out her air pods. "Yeah the couch isn't really great to sleep on." Lynn jokes stupidly. They look at each other, there is a weird tension between them. The air feels thick and Lynn can't fully breathe right out of nervousness. "Jenna...I just wanted to say I'm so-" "NO, no. I'm sorry, I freaked out and overreacted. I had too much too drink after not drinking for a while and I just got emotional." "No Jenna I understand, I looked at your private messages even though I shouldn't invade your privacy." "Yeah that's so but I just feel so bad for making you sleep on the couch and even if you felt bad." Jenna walks out of the kitchen towards Lynn. "You don't have too, it was my choice to sleep on the couch and it was my mistake, I made it and it was my own fault how I felt. I'm sorry." Lynn stands up, her hair is a mess but all she can care about is Jenna right now. "No I'm sorry, I never want to fight like that again." Jenna quickly walks towards Lynn to give her a tight hug. Lynn is shocked for a second but then embraces Jenna. "She said never again, does that mean she plans to stay friends?" Lynn thinks as she puts her head on Jenna's. "By the way I slept terribly without you." Jenna smiles against Lynn's neck. "Trust me I slept even worse without you, it felt like something was missing. And I never want to miss you." Lynn says as they let go off each other. "Don't get cheesy on me Hutton, let's just call it even.'' Jenna laughs.

Jenna turns back and walks into the kitchen where she fiddles around with some plates and pans. Lynn sits down on a stool at her bar too look at Jenna. "I tried to make you some breakfast to make up for my outburst last night, so I hope you like eggs and bacon! Both a bit burned but still." Jenna says as she moves the eggs and bacon onto two plates, she puts one down in front of Lynn and the other next to her. Lynn laughs as she sees the plate, it's definitely not perfect but it's the thought that counts of course, and for Jenna this is a very nice thought. "Thank you Jenna, I appreciate it." Jenna puts down cutlery while sitting down next to Lynn. "Good because it was a pain in the ass to make this for you, I should really learn how to cook better." Jenna bumps her shoulder against Lynn's before they start eating. "You could've put some seasoning on the eggs and off course take them off the stove earlier but for your experience it really isn't that bad." "Sure you're just saying that." Jenna says as she tastes it herself. "Maybe I am, maybe I'm not. Just know that I enjoy you cooking for me." Lynn smiles as she takes another bite. "Don't get used to it, I won't burden you with it." Jenna exhales.

"Hey Jenna." "Hm? What's up." "Well I was thinking last night, and I don't want to sounds greedy or weird of something, but what happens after New Years?" "What do you mean?" "Well how will our friendship continue?'' "Well we'll stay friends of course." "Yeah I thought that too," Lynn thinks a little about how that still doesn't really answer her question, she doesn't want to seem rude but she really wants to know "but how is that going to work. You almost live in Los Angeles and I live...here. I don't want us to have to take planes every time we want to see eachother. I definitely don't want to lose you but how will it work?" Lynn says while feeling almost afraid to do so. "I never really thought of it like that, wow I really didn't. I don't want to lose you either, you've been an amazing friend and I can't even begin to say how much you've helped me in these few days." Jenna looks down at her plate to think. The room is quiet and Lynn feels a bit nervous by the atmosphere. Lynn hears a phone go off. "Oh it's my mom, is it okay if I take it?" Lynn says as she grabs her phone off the counter. "Yeah sure no problem." Lynn stands up and takes a few steps from Jenna.

"Hey mom, what's up?" Lynn says into the phone. "Well honey after what you told me a few days ago. I kept thinking, and I'm sorry but I just can't miss the opportunity to meet Jenna Ortega! Could you maybe ask her if she would be okay with lunch or something?" Lynn's mouther quickly says. Lynn can tell she's is excited by her tone. Her mom gets excited quick but this time it sounds like she really, really wants it. "Ehm, I could ask her yeah." Lynn looks over at Jenna who was clearly trying to eavesdrop on them. Lynn gives her a quick look before dropping the phone to her chest to cover their conversation. "My mom really wants to meet you after I told her about you staying with me, and she was wondering if you'd be up for lunch?" Jenna's look gets wiped off her face, she almost seems...scared. No that couldn't be, not Jenna. "Really, your mom wants to meet me?" "Yeah of course she is a big fan off celebrities and she wouldn't want to miss her chance of meeting the one that is staying at her daughters place. So what do you say?" Jenna still looks shocked by the question. "Yeah sure, of course. I would love to meet your mom, can't wait to hear all the embarrassing stories of young Lynn." Jenna laughs as she turns back into her regular self. Lynn rolls her eyes and puts the phone back to her ear. "Yeah mom, she agrees, how about that new place close to me. Me and Jenna have been a few times and it is nice." "Realy!? Thank you Lynn you're the best! Yeah of course I'll see you there at one?" Lynn's mother cheers over the phone. "Sounds great mom, see you then." Lynn smiles, they quickly say their goodbye's and Lynn's mom thanks her a few more times before finally hanging up. "Okay, we have lunch at that lunch place at one." Lynn sits back down next to Jenna and continues eating her breakfast. "Sounds good, gives me plenty off time to get ready." Jenna says. "What do you mean get ready, even if you showed up like this, she'll still love you. How could she not!" Lynn says. "Thanks but I do want to make a good first impression, I mean I'm staying at her daughters place. Usually that's not the case with the fans I meet." "Jenna trust me, just be you and she will like you like I do. As long as you don't screw it up too much you're okay." Lynn says slightly teasing her. "Thanks again, but I'm still going to chance." Jenna stands up and almost runs out of the room to get changed.