Part 9

"Why can you talk Spanish?" The kid laying on the floor asks.
"Ach, I can talk even more languages. You will see."
"But why?" The kid repeats.
"I was bored in my childhood. And this is what I did." I answer and he gives up completely and lets himself fall back on the floor again.
"So you aren't just beautiful but also talented?" Charles says with a facial expression that I can't quite read.
"I guess so. I actually thought that you were talented as well but the whole thing with that Wii takes so long that I guess that you can't be that talented." I look at him than the Wii.
"You do it than." He tells me and I stand up.
"Make room for me and sit back." I tell them to stand up and they sit down on the couch.
"What do I get if I can make this work?" I ask him while I look at the things that were now laying all over the ground.
"Je ne sais pas, je suppose que tu le verras ce soir." ["I don't know, I guess you will find our tonight."] he says and I can hear his smiling.
"Les gars, je ne veux pas entendre ça!" ["Guys, I don't want to hear that!"]
"Alors n'écoute pas." ["Than don't listen."]
"What did he say Pierre?" Lando asks.
"You don't want to know, believe me." He answers.

I look through the stuff in the box with the equipment for playing in it.
In there I find a remote and and open it up. In there was one of two batteries and I turn around to look at Charles.
"Char, where do you have batteries?"
"Uff, I don't know if I even have any."
"What do you mean you don't have any?"
"What am I supposed to say? I just don't. At least I think."
"That is embarrassing."
"I am sorry." He says and try's to look cute.
"Ok, I guess that we will have to go shopping than." I tell him and his expression changes.
"Oh no."
"Oh yes."
"What?" Carlos asks.
"Charles loves going shopping with me. And now is the perfect moment to do that."
"Well, if you already are going to go shopping, you can also get something to eat for dinner it's already 8:10 and like everything else. Charles has nothing in his fridge." Pierre says stressing the "nothing".
"I want noodles." Lando says.
"So noodles with tomato sauce?"
"Yes" Lando says finally standing up from the ground.

I also stand up and make my way to the door.  There I put in my shoes first and than grab my purse.
"Char? Are you coming?"
"Coming!" He yells and than walks towards me.
"I will love this."
"I know you will."

He puts on his shoes as well and than opens the door for me.
We once again walk to his car and he opens that door as well.
He gets in and we go off after he opens the gate with the remote again.

"So babe what else do you want other than batteries and the noodles for Lando?" He asks me and looks over to me.
"Are we going to act like we are dating the whole time now?"
"I don't know, are we?"
"I mean I don't have a problem with it so.. we also need toast or bread for tomorrow morning and the rest we will see there." I answer and he smiles at it.

We arrive at the store, it's already 8, and get a shopping cart. First we get the noodles which end up being spaghetti because Charles nearly cried when I grabbed something else out of the shelf. Than we get the ingredients for the tomato sauce. We get a tin of tomato sauce and than to improve the taste tomato purée, garlic, onions and mince.
After we have all that we proceed to buy bread and toast and some vegetables.
Somehow we end up standing in the aisle with snacks. Charles runs off to get some alcoholic drinks and lets me stand alone in the aisle of my dreams.
I walk it up and down and take here and there something out of the shelf and place it in the cart.

Charles comes back and places his haul in the cart, than looks at me, back at the cart and than at me again.
"Quoi?" ["What?"] I say because he doesn't stop doing it.
"Rien. Ça me rend juste heureux que tu aies trouvé quelque chose pour toi" ["Nothing. It just makes me happy that you found something for yourself."]
"Je ne te crois pas." ["I don't believe you"]
"Tu ne dois pas." ["you don't have to."]

We go to the cash register and put everything on the assembly line.

We bought:
- 1x Batteries
- 1x tomato purée
- 1x tomato sauce
- 50g garlic
- 200g onions
- 150g mince
- 1x spaghetti
- 1x Toast
- 2x bread
- 1x strawberry jam
- 2x Milka Oreo chocolate
- 1x Kinder Bueno
- 1x gummi worms
- 1x sour snake tungs
- 2x spicy tortillas
- 1x salty chips
- 5x beer
- 1x Vodka
- 1x Tequila
- 2x red wine

"En total ce fait 96€" ["In total that is 96€"]
"Voilà" The man says and hands her 100€. He gets four back and we make our way out of the store.