Part 59

"Charles it means nothing! You will do better in Quali! Please don't let it come to you. You will be great!" Voices sound in front of his box and I sit up at the noise.
"Sì sì, puoi dirlo e farlo più e più volte, ma sappiamo entrambi che ero una merda! La mia guida è assolutamente spazzatura e non puoi convincermi del contrario. So di poter guidare e so di essere un buon autista, ma quello che ho fatto proprio lì è stato peggio della maggior parte delle cose che abbia mai fatto." ["Yea yea, you can say that and do that over and over again, but we both know I was shit! My driving is absolute rubbish and you can't convince me otherwise. I know that I can drive and I know that I am a good driver but what I did right there was worse than most things I have ever done."] Charles sounded mad and upset at the same time. I couldn't really make out what the main thing was but I know that the mad bit was strong.
"Charles, calm down. You are over exaggerating right now."
"Don't you tell me to calm down! Let me be! Let me be alone and I will come out when Quali starts."
A dull sound through the wall makes me assume that he hit it while talking and than the door opens. He comes in and it shuts again.

"Charles? It's ok to not be the best. That just means that you can and will be even better next time." I look at him softly and reach for his hand.
He ignores it and walks up and down the room.
"I was shit! I was absolute shit! Don't tell me to calm down, as well!" He starts forming a fist and his nails dig into his skin. His face gets red of anger, his jaw clenches and the eyes darken.
"Charles, you are scaring me." I move backwards on the bed and grab my phone, hands shaking. My eyes are fixt on him, as he turns around to face me.

His gaze softens and he takes a step closer to me which I flinch at. His expression changes once again, every possible emotion that was there leaves and left is complete emptiness.
"What did he do to you?"
I can't talk, I can't move, I can't breath. The only thing I am able to do is feel a lump in my throat.
Sadness in his eyes, anger in his fists and softness in everything else. It looks like I broke him. I broke him by not saying a word.
He takes one step closer, looking at me. I look back even tho I can't see through my tears. Just don't blink! I think to myself as I stare back and fight the urge of letting everything out.

I blend out everything. The only thing I can feel now is his body touching mine, the only thing I can hear is his heart pumping and his slow steady breathing. I see nothing. My eyes are closed and heavy from crying. I can smell his personal smell. It's comforting. It has been since the moment we met.

His soft petting on my back with the one and the stroking through my hair with the other hand is making me feel comfortable and makes me want to sleep in on that exact spot.

"Babe?" A gentle stroke through my hair and a movement beneath me.
"Yea?" I don't get out much because I am still sleepy but he puts me off of him, which wakes me up.
"I have to get ready, quali starts soon." He stands up and picks my hair off his shirt and lets them fall to the ground. "Will you watch?" He looks up and locks eyes with me.
"Of course! I am even going to go out of your box for it." I nod proudly and he smiles at me.
"Well then you can see me win." He grins over to me as he steps in his suit which he took off and pulls it up.
"I believe in you! You can do everything you want. Just don't give up!"

He turns around once again and then blows me a kiss and leaves the room.