Part 18

I make my way to the Ferrari garage and am stopped by someone I don't know.
"What are you doing here. Fans aren't allowed here." They tell me and I look around the room for someone I know but don't see anyone. I don't really know what to say because they will probably not believe me when I say that I know Charles or even am dating him. I mean it isn't really true as well but they don't have to know that.
"Flo? What are you doing?" I hear a voice behind me. We both turn around and I face a man that looks like a mechanic.
"And who-" he comes closer. "Ah, are you Bella? Carlos told me that you might come."
"Who is she?" The man named Flo asks.
"Rumor has it that she is dating Charles." They both turn around in my direction.
"Are you that Bella?"
"That is possible. Could you please tell me if I can still get to him or is it too late? It's 15:50 if you want to ask."
"He is already on the track and they are repeating the strategy one last time. So, I guess that you could get to him if you're fast." The mechanic tells me and I ask for directions.
"I have to go there either way so I can lead you."
I agree and we go.

When we arrive he is just putting on his helmet and is climbing in the car.
The man I am with shouts out his name and he turns to us.
He climbs out again and I jog over to him.
I take his helmet of again which wasn't too hard because it wasn't closed yet. I lift it up and press a kiss on his cheek. He pulls me in a hug and I enjoy it a lot.
"N'aventure pas te faire du mal!" ["Don't you dare getting hurt!"] I whisper in his ear and he presses me against him more.
"Je ne le ferai pas." ["I won't."] he tells me and pulls out of the hug.
I give him his helmet and he puts it on again. He walks over to the car and turns around again.
I look at him and point at the place my heart is placed twice. He does the same and I smile at him.

A woman taps me on the shoulder and tells me that I have to leave the track now.
I go with her and she leads me to where the Ferrari team watches the qualifying happening.

Charles starts at p4 and I don't take my eyes off of him. First he gets taken over by Russell and than overtakes him again. That happens a few more times before he overtakes Carlos and after that Pérez.
He is p2 when Q1 ends and the team is cheering.
Q2 goes the same. He first falls back a few places and than fights them back again. The only one not loosing his place is Verstappen. Q2 ends and he is in p3 behind Lando.
In Q3 Hamilton makes contact with Alonso who slides off track because of that and drives into a barrier. Hamilton gets off track as well. He doesn't crash but has damage on his front wing.
Charles ends up in p2.

He stops and the team and I run towards him. They have a massive group hug and he gets a lot of congratulations. Carlos is p4 and the team goes over to him and celebrate him as well.
A reporter runes up to Charles who is just taking of his helmet and asks how it feels like to score p2 in qualifying in the home country. Charles quickly answers "great." And spots me after looking all around the place.
The reporter begins the ask another question but Charles stops him with a hand movement.
He places the helmet on the car and jogs over to me.
He pulls me into another hug and I wrap my armes around his neck.
"Je t'ai dit que je ne me violais pas." ["I told you I wouldn't get hurt."]
"Sois content. Je t'aurais tué autrement" ["Better like this. Otherwise I would have killed you."]
He laughs in my ear and I burry my face in his neck.