Part 29

Finally the race starts and I watch tense.
He starts from P2 and was overtaken by Hamilton and Norris in the beginning and fights back his position.
It goes on like that for a LONG time and in the last ten minutes it is a really close run between Charles, Verstappen and Hamilton.
One overtakes another and they repeat that for a bit till the last lap.

"There they are! A very close run between number 16, 33, 44. They just went into the last lap! Verstappen leads, behind him is Leclerc and very close on his edge is Hamilton. Omg! Hamilton try's to overtake from the inside and Leclerc gets pushed to the outside. Verstappen is still leading and now Hamilton and Leclerc are fighting for second and third position! Hamilton gets closer and closer to Verstappen and leaves Charles a bit behind them but he won't get off of him. Hamilton and Verstappen now side by side and Leclerc behind them! They are going into the last few corners and it's still a very interesting and exciting race. In P4 is Norris and P5 is Piastri and- omg! They are going into the final corner and Verstappen is in the front and Hamilton is right behind him. Leclerc is trying to get around on the outside and- HE DID IT! He is in the lead! Charles Leclerc is leading the GP of his home race! Only a few more meters and- CHARLES LECLERC WINS THE MONEGAQUE GP!" I listen to the commentator and jump up from the couch and run to where he will be in a few moments.

Charles climbs out of the car and stands on it. He points at his heart two times and looks over to me.
I can't hide a smile as he jumps off of the car and wakes over to be instead of his team.
He pulls me into a hug and I hold him close.
He takes off his helmet and pulls me close to him by the waist and I feel his lips on mine. I close my eyes and enjoy the moment.
His hand slides along my back and the other one cups my cheek and mine are around his neck.

The moment feels like hours but probably only lasted for a few seconds.
I could have kept on doing that for a long time but the thing that ripped us away from each other was the loud clicking which was none stop coming from paparazzi, plus the yelling reporters who were asking not understandable questions.
I tried to ignore them but Charles pulled away either way.
"Je l'ai fait pour toi." ["I did this for you."] he whispers in my ear and a give him another kiss.
"Je suis tellement fier de toi!" ["I am so proud of you!"]
"Et maintenant, laisses-les toi célébrer!" ["And now let them celebrate you!"] I tell him and he walks over to the Ferrari team and they lift him up off of the ground and throw him in the air and catch him again. They repeat that a few times and than let him down to do a very short interview and after that makes his way to the stage for the celebration.

"Hey, aren't you coming with him?" I hear a person behind me and a hand is placed on my shoulder. My head snaps around and my face is just a few centimeters away from Landos.
"Hey, congratulations for P4!" I ask and hug him. He accepts the hug and than leads me to the stage by my hand.
Charles is already on it and holds a trophy in his hands and is lifting it up.
The crowd is going wild and keep on screaming his name.

"I bet you are proud. But look out for- Oi!" He was cut off by Carlos who snapped his hand against Landos downstairs part.
He turns around and runs after him who is trying to run away. While running he tries to spray Carlos with his bottle.
"Look out for what?" I yell after him but he doesn't seem to hear me.

I just shrug and stand in front of the stage, looking over to Charles who is putting his trophy down now and picking up a huge bottle of Champagne.
He isn't going to drink that all, right?"
Max and Lewis are doing the same and Max starts shaking it and spraying it over the other two.