Part 64

"How does it come that you are good at everything?" I look at him and he looks back up at me after he sat down himself.
"What do you mean?" He tilts his head.
"You are good at golf, driving, chess, sex."
"I hope that if anyone ever asks you what I am good at, you won't say that."
"Maybe I will? Maybe I won't."

With that I turn around my head and look out of the window to my right. I put my earplugs back in and soon fall asleep.

"Babe, wake up, we are there." I kick Charles' foot and hold out his bag for him.
"It wasn't even worth it sleeping." He starts complaining.
"What do you mean 'wasn't worth it' you slept for seven hours!" I place his bag on his lap.
"Well it didn't feel like seven hours!"
"And how am I supposed to change that?"
"I don't know!" He grabs his bag and my hand, like that we leave the jet and thank the pilot.

"Olá! Você é o Sr. Leclerc e a Sra. Rodriguez?" ["Hello! Are you Mr Leclerc and Mrs Rodriguez"] a man dressed in a suit approaches us and stops right in front of us.

"Sim, deveríamos ser nós." [„Yes, that should be us"]. Charles accepts the hand shake of the man. "I am your driver for now. I am going to drive you to the house of mrs. and mr. Rodriguez. The drive would be around one hour. And please excuse my horrible Englisch."

"Nós dois, podemos falar português um com o outro. Charles não vai entender." ["Us two, we can talk Portuguese to each other. Charles won't understand tho."] I smile at him and he shows us the way to the car.

We get in and I sit down on the left side of the car. We have a conversation for about ten minutes and than I lay down on Charles' lap and sleep in soon.

Charles strokes my hair and puts one AirPod in my left ear and I assume the other one in his right ear. After a minute of the most stressful noise canceling on just one side which startet giving me a headache, he finally puts on some music.
The rest of the drive we listen to the weekend.

"Então, agora eu tenho que me despedir de vocês dois, estamos lá." ["So, now I have to say goodbye to you two, we are there."] the driver stops the car and I open my eyes.
He gets out and opens the door for me. I get out as well and wait in front of the trunk.
"Aqui está." ["Here you go"] he hands me my suitcase and soon after Charles his as well.

Before we to over to the door of my parents' house, Charles hands the driver 70 Brazilian Real and thanks him for driving us

Than he grabs my hand and we walk to the door.

Without having to knock it opens and my dad stands in the frame with the biggest and brightest smile on his face.
"Olá, minha garotinha!" ["Hello, my little girl!"] he grabs my hands and pulls me into a hug.
"And also hello Charles, we have been waiting for the moment, we can finally meet you!" He also pulls Charles into a hug and he hugs my dad back.

After my mother greeted us as well, we get in and put our suitcases in the hallway for now. At first I show him everything upstairs, including the bedrooms. Then we walk downstairs again and firstly walk into the kitchen and from there in the living room.
Standing there were my parents with João laying next to them. When he sees me he jumps up and runs over to us. I kneel down and he nearly knocks me off my feet but I catch myself on the shelf next to me.
He starts licking my face and I shove his face away from me.
"Charles, his is João, João, this is Charles." I point at the golden retriever in front of me and look up at Charles.
"Hi João." Charles bends down a bit and strokes his head.

João lets go of me and instead goes over to Charles now.
He gets on his hind paws and puts his front paws on Charles stomach. Than looks up at him.
"I am supposed to do what now?" Charles looks at me with questions marks on his face.
"Pick him up." I grin at him.
"Pick him up?"
"Yep." I nod at his confused face and he shrugs. Than he puts his hands under João's front legs and lifts him up and holds him in his arms.

"I see, you like dogs too

"I see, you like dogs too. That is fortunate. Because..." my dad grabs a box from the couch and holds it out for me. When I grab it from him something inside makes a sound and now I am the one with confusion on my face.

I put the box on the table and open it. It's not like there was tape on it anyway.
The second I open it, the cutest puppy eyes look
Up at me and I can't help but let a tear roll down my cheek.
"Omg! You got us a dog?" I turn around to my parents and Charles who is just putting down the dog.
"They, what?" He makes one step towards me and than he turns around as well.
"Well, we thought that a dog would keep you guys company at all times and will keep you together if you can't do that off your own strength." My mom tells us and I hug her tightly.
"I think we should name him Fofinho. That's one of the only words I know in Portuguese." Charles smiles and hugs me.