Part 34

...............
••••••••••••••

Nana was right. I should not feel sorry for who I am or who I want to be. My parents, as much as I love them don't have the right to tell me what should my life be.

After I sobbed in my grandma's arms long long minutes, narrating everything that happened those last few months.

She listened to me carefully and comforted me as much as she could. We had talked for a whole hour before I finally calmed down, ready to face my father.

With her support, I walked in and met the two of them in the big hall. Him and mom. Mom whose eyes were red and puffy, lips all dry. I knew she tried to fight for me. And I was grateful for that.

But I was the only one that should confront my father and talk to him. She gulped and glanced at him. He didn't move and just stared at me with eyes that were clearly not loving and I couldn't find any kind of empathy in them.

Mrs Kim: Mom. What are you two doing here? She asked trying to seem as normal as possible. But we both knew the truth behind this forced fake smile.

Nana: Well..

Mrs Kim: Let's get back outside. The weather is nice. The sun is shinning. We should profit. Right? She then said and held nana's arm. But I was determined to talk to dad so I didn't take my eyes off him.

Nana: Let's get out. The two of us.

Mrs Kim: Ah? But..

Nana: shhh. I have something to talk with you so let's go. The old woman convinced her and dragged her out of the room.

Tae: Shall we go to your office? I asked trembling but trying to look confident as much as my legs wanted to give up.

He just began to walk without uttering a word. That was time. And I didn't know if I was ready for it. But I had to do it. There and then. That was too late to back off anyway.

_____________

Jungkook finished his red wine and noticed Taehyung and his father walking away. He frowned and went to sit next to Nana, Mrs kim and grandpa.

JK: What is happening? He asked in concern. Concern that he didn't even mind to hide.

Nana: They are going to sort things out. Right ?

Mrs Kim: I guess so.. But I don't actually think that's a good idea.

Grandpa: What do you mean not a good idea. Do you want them to hold grudges for each other ?

Mrs Kim: Dongwook is not in the right state of mind to listen to Taehyung.. I know that. And I am scared for my son. I don't know if he would be able to stand his words..

JK: That's so complicated.. Jungkook uttered and walked away.

Nana watched him and followed him. She also needed to talk with him.
As his grandma, she felt that she had to do something for Taehyung. Seeing him crying by his own like what he did earlier was something she couldn't stand.

As he was reaching the stable, Jungkook stopped hearing someone calling his name from behind.

Nana: Jungkook!

Jungkook turned around and pouted, a bit confused. But he smiled anyway.

JK: You also wanted to go on a walk nana? Haha.

Nana: Houu. Yeah. That will be good for me. Haha. She said as she linked her and the young man's arm.

JK: I am happy to see you guys here. Especially you. Taehyung had never needed you so much.