Part 51

...............
••••••••

I looked at my father, eyes shining with tears and lowered them gently, trying my best to pull myself together. My mother stepped forwards and stroked my back in support. I took that as a good start. I turned to her and smiled before looking up at my sister and Jungkook. I've never seen Jungkook so angry. His eyes were ablaze, his hand clenching tighter and tighter around Ga Eun's wrist as she gave him an arrogant and threatening look.

I took his free hand gently and told him to calm down. We weren't there to make the situation bad enough, worse. He turned to me and reluctantly let go of my sister's hand. My cheek was stinging and hurting but I didn't pay any attention to it and took a deep breath.

Tae: Are you relieved now noona? I asked as calm as possible ignoring the knot in my stomack and looking at her directely in the eyes.

I think I have never been so brave all of my life.

And at that very moment I didn't mind it, but, when I think back about it now, I cannot but feel proud of myself.

She ran a hand throught her hair and left a little laugh of annoyance.

GE: I can't believe you had the guts to come back here after all the shit you did. I thought you would run away forever. As it is the only thing you are good at.

Tae: I was not running away. I was building my own life. This is different. If there was not that thing that happened some days ago, I wouldn't be here because I didn't feel the need to. I was good on my own.

Mrs Kim: Taehyung. How can you say that? We are your family. Even if there are problems, we will always be..

Tae: Well. Dad made it clear to me that I wasn't anymore the last time we met. I said as I turned to him and wiped my tears away quickly.

His face was blank and his arms crossed. I knew he despised me and that hurt but I couldn't show it in front of him. I was prepared for that anyway.

_____________

Ga eun looked at him and scoffed. Then her eyes fell on the intertwined hands of the two young men. She felt her blood boil and her heart clench.

GE: So you are really dating? She asked out of the blue. How could you?

Tae: ......

Ga eun turned Taehyung to face her and caressed her nose.

Tae: I am sorry noona.. I know I owe you apologies.

GE: Why did you do that? Hm? How could you be there to comfort me when you were the reason of my pain??

JK: It was me. I already told you that. I am the one who wanted to be with him and I did everyhthing for us to happen.

GE: You two took me for a fool. You played with my heart. You destroyed my life. Are you aware of that?! She finally yelled.

Tae: I know. That's why I am apologizing. But you are not a saint as well Noona.

GE: ......

Tae: You know what I mean. You know what I am talking about.

Ga Eun glanced at Mr Kim who was just listening in silence an lowered her head.

Tae: You are just like me so stop saying nonsense. You also did the same thing to Jungkook. He said, ready to expose everything.

He knew his parents still ignored about Junghyun because he knew Ga eun would never have the strength to face them and tell the truth.

Mr Kim: What are you talking about? The old man finally uttered a bit lost.

Jungkook turned around and licked his lips, getting ready to speak.