Part 53

..............
••••••••••

Baekhyun Hyung's face was a familiar sight, after a long time apart. He reminded me of happier times, before life got messy and hard. Maybe things would have been different, if he had held my hand, when everything fell apart. Baekhyun was my rock, my anchor, my calm. He was the place where I could breathe.

But I chose Jungkook, and I don't regret it because him, was my passion, my spark, my storm. Our love was wild and fierce, but it also hurt us along the way.

Baekhyun was a wonderful soul, but I met him at the wrong time. I was already madly in love with Jungkook. Yet I was happy to see him.

Our eyes locked, and we smiled with wonder. How long had it been, since we last saw each other?

I checked my cake again, to reassure myself. He chuckled warmly, and I smiled back.

BK: What are you doing with this cake already? Hahaha. Is there a birthday or something?

Tae: Oh no. Hahahha. This is for tonight's party.

BK: Oh! A Christmas party?

Tae: Yeah. I am so stressed out about it that I almost fell. Shit. This is my first party ever. Hahaha. That I host I mean.

BK: Really?

Tae: Yup.

BK: Well as I see Kim Taehyung grew up well.

Tae: Not that much but yeah. I feel grown up after..... Everything that happened. Haha. He said his smile fading a bit.

BK: ....

Tae: But anyway. What's up? Why are you back in Korea?

BK: I am spending Christmas and new year Eve with my family.

Tae: Oh. Are they in Seoul?

BK: No, they are in Gangneung.

Tae: Well, you still have a long way to go. Haha. Taehyung said as he tucked his hair behind his ear with a bit of struggle.

Baekhyun nodded and gazed at him for a while. He was still the same, and so were his emotions. His heart still skipped a beat when he sees his smile, and those pesky butterflies still fluttered in his stomach.

He wondered how he ever managed to walk away from this gorgeous man, who could have been his everything. He noticed his hair, still jet-black and silky, falling over his forehead. He admired his cheeks, still rosy and soft, inviting him to touch. He stared at his eyes, still deep and sparkling, captivating.

Taehyung's voice snapped him out of his trance. He forced himself to pay attention and hear what he had to say.

Tae: Hum. What shall we do? You can't just leave like that after so long. We have to exchange and talk. He teased him.

BK: I am not in rush you know. It's you and your cake that must be.

Tae: Oh, that should be fine. They are more than able to manage it by themselves. What about a coffee?

BK: Of course. Let me help you with the cake. He said as he took it from his hand as the good gentleman he was.

Taehyung smiled warmly and led him to his car. He gently put the cake on the seat, making sure it was safe. He then hopped into his own car, driving behind him to the restaurant where they first met. It had been a long time since then, but he still remembered everything.

They reached the restaurant and found a cozy table for two. They sat down and looked at the menu, but they already knew what they wanted. Taehyung ordered his usual grapefruit green tea, a refreshing and sweet drink that suited his personality. The coffee was just an excuse to chat. Baekhyun opted for an ice americano, a strong and bitter drink that contrasted with his cute appearance.