Part 33

...................
••••••••••••••••••

I just avoided her eyes as much as possible. I knew I would have been able to tell everything just by her look. So I stayed quiet and just looked outside. That was  nice. The weather was good, thought a little bit hot for me.

I sighed and fixed my hair, I couldn't wait to be home and just rest my mind.

After some minutes of ride, while I was lost in my thoughts, I finally heard my sister speak.

Ga eun: Why didn't you tell me about that place of him? She asked turning to me with a serious face.

I faced her and licked my lips, thinking of what to respond.

Was that time to tell her the truth?

I really didn't know.

I actually thought to keep it as a secret to my grave..

Tae: Ah? Was the only thing that came out.

GE: Hah. You are my brother. You should have told me.

Tae: But you never asked... I then uttered lowering my head without any confidence.

I felt the intense gaze on me and then heard a long sigh. I knew she must have been more than surprised.

GE: What were you doing there anyway?

Tae: I forgot my phone.. I actually was very drunk yesterday and he.. He helped me. That's all. And this is the first time I went there.

GE: Okay but never go there again. Got it?

I just looked down and nodded.

GE: You are supposed to be on my side. 

Tae: And I am.

GE: So don't get close to him.

Tae: .......

I looked at her massaging her temples a moment and without any purpose, my mouth left out this question.

Tae: Why are you so stubborn?

She looked at me once again and hummed to ask what I meant.

Tae: I mean.. Why do you want to marry him so bad..With everything that is happening..

She stayed quiet a moment and licked her lips.

GE: Because of work and our image.

Tae: What do you mean?

GE: Everyone knows about our wedding. Mom and dad would die of embarassment if anyone comes to know about this.

Tae: .....

GE: And the Jeon family can guarantee our rescue. You know business is going pretty bad for us lately. If it doesn't change, we will go bankrupt and I cannot let this happen.

Tae: ....but that should not be the purpose of a wedding noona. You are aware that this is for life right?

GE: I know. And I am ready to endure it.  She said as she focused on the road.

I sighed and closed my eyes a moment leaning on the chair. 

GE: By the way.

Tae: What?

GE: Grandma and grandpa are here. Did mom inform you?

Tae: Ah?  No. She didn't. So they are back?

GE: Yeah. For the wedding. Nana is very excited.