chapter 7

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

I am seated in the car, hands on the steering wheel, car still on waiting to drive at any moment. Gwen took the cooler box and walked into an old looking building that we just stopped infront of.

This street looks so dirty. The alleys in the middle of the buildings look so scary. I am seated on the edge of my seat and I am panicking every time I see someone approach my car,even if it's just to pass by.

My windows are rolled up, the car doors locked, my body tensed up, and my fingers counting the seconds until Gwen comes back already.

The people, mostly men, that are walking nearby are dressed like hobos. They look so dirty despite all of them wearing black clothes which says alot. They look so rough too and unkempt.

One of them is leaning against the wall of a building opposite the one Gwen went in smoking some cigarettes while his eyes were on me.

His gaze remains on me the entire time as smoke from that cigarette clouds his face everytime he released his drag.

I start shaking even more in my seat thinking he is plotting to cut off my head. I wouldn't be surprised if he is, he already looks like the type. Everyone here does. I am already imagining someone walking over to the car carrying an axe ready to attack me.

Just then, I hear someone trying to open the front passenger door, which gives me a very bad jump scare. I turn around in panic, but when I see it's Gwen, I calm down.

However she isn't calm. In fact, she looks anything but that. She is nervous and impatient. She is sweating and has this expression on her face that I have learned to fear the most.

"Open up!... Open up!.. Elsa open the door!" She screams impatiently as she keeps pulling the handle. She is shaking the entire time as she is desperately trying to get the door open.

I immediately unlock the door  and she jumps in and closes it, locking it again.

I look at her wondering what happened this time. Her energy right now just makes me even more nervous. And that increases rapidly when I see what's in her hand.

She has two things. First, a briefcase, which I am guessing has the money. So she did get something good for the liver. That's good. The trade went okay, right?

But then, why does she have the cooler with her too. Does she  still have the liver? Oh no! Of course she does!

"Gwen... W-why... Why do you still have the liver?" I ask in horror.

She looks at me with panic all over her face as she tries to get the words out. "I.. I went there wanting to sell the liver, right?... But then, someone called me before I got into the room saying he wanted the liver too... So when I got the money, I thought to myself, instead of getting one person to pay for the liver, why not have them both pay and give it to neither." She exclaims.

I didn't even have time to react to that because next thing I hear is a loud gunshot that sounds very close to us.  We both turn around to see a big man dressed in a black suit with a gun in his hand. He was shooting at us! At our car!