chapter 50

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Elsa was seated in the front passenger seat of the car as Lui drove her home. She took out her phone to check the time - it was 9 pm. When Lui saw her phone case, something clicked in his mind just by glancing at it. It was a phone case with a cartoon design. Now he understood something.

"Do you watch that cartoon?" he asked, while keeping his eyes on the road.

"Huh?" Elsa didn't understand.

"The one on your phone case," he clarified. She looked at her phone case and smiled before nodding. Elsa liked Pikachu, so many of her accessories were related to Pikachu.

"I do. I love Pikachu so much," she confessed carefree.

"Now I understand something," he said, sounding absent-minded.

"What do you mean? What do you understand?" Elsa asked, confused.

He cleared his throat and a light smile appeared on his cold features. "There was a night I spent with Gwen, and she was very anxious about something. She said that the only way she would calm down is if she watched a Pikachu episode."

"I didn't understand because she never seemed to care for animations. She explained that there was a special someone who loved the cartoon. That person was far away from her at that moment, and she didn't want to bother them, despite missing them terribly. So, in order for her to feel like she was still connected to that person, Gwen felt like watching her favorite animation would help. Because she knew at that time, the person was watching that new Pikachu episode. So, it almost felt like they were watching it together."

He then turned and looked at her briefly. "She felt connected to you through Pikachu."

Those words shocked Elsa. She never thought Gwen saw Pikachu like that, let alone watched it at all. They already had their necklaces and April sea that connected them. Gwen found something else too?

"Oh my goodness... She watched Pikachu because of me? To be connected to me?" she asked, her eyes getting teary. Her hands went to her bag, and she took out the urn with Gwen's ashes.

When Lui saw what was in her hand, he felt like several ice arrows were sent straight to his heart. That was Gwen's ashes in that urn. She really was gone. He cleared his throat and gulped to try to get rid of that lump before answering, "She did."

And then he continued, "The nights when she couldn't call you or come to you, she watched your favorite show."

"Why couldn't she just call me?" Elsa asked. There were times when she and Gwen never talked much. Elsa was always anxious at that time, hoping her sister wasn't arrested or kidnapped by a mafia. Yeah, for someone like Gwen, that was very much possible.

"Only she can answer that," Lui replied.

Elsa then thought, maybe it's because she was keeping her away from this world? But then, she also involved her in the times she had her be her getaway driver. Elsa leaned on the car seat as she stared out the window. "It's crazy because she never watched it when we were together. She preferred horror movies," she chuckled.

She never watched Pikachu together, but watched it without her? Tonight, Elsa was going to watch Pikachu. But then, her mind would think, if Gwen was still alive, she would be watching it too. Just for her.

Just then, her phone lit up, and a ringtone played. Someone was calling her. She checked to see who it was.

It was Jeremy Callahan.