chapter 87

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Jeremy didn't immediately take Elsa to the party.

Instead, he dragged her to a beauty salon and ordered the hairdressers and makeup artists there to make her look presentable.

Elsa had no say in this.

She sat in the vanity chair as the girls in the salon did her hair and makeup.

After she was finished, a white gown was brought to her. Elsa got into the gown as they made some final touches.

When she was all done, the door opened. The moment Jeremy saw her, his eyes lit up, only to dim the next second.

"If you're all done, we should go!" he said, looking away from her.

Elsa felt a little sad that he didn't even spare a glance at her. She didn't expect him to compliment her, but she thought at least he could look at her. Did he hate her so much that he didn't even want to look at her?

Elsa just nodded, despite him not seeing her, and walked towards him. When Jeremy had come to pick her up, he was already in his white suit for the party, so he didn't change.

He drove them to The Callahan Manor, where the Old Master, the Great Peter Callahan, lived.

Jeremy helped Elsa out of the car and then held her waist affectionately while leading her inside. He pulled her close to him and kept her there.

Elsa was confused at first by this man's gentle and loving gestures, but she understood what was going on when she saw some paparazzi.

It was all for show.

Jeremy kept his hand there as they went inside the manor where the party was.

Elsa had thought Jeremy's villa was big, but the Callahan Manor was huge. It looked like a castle.

It looked like a king lived there, which was not far-fetched because the Callahans were like royalty in Serpens.

She awed at how everything looked so beautiful and very expensive. He led her inside, walking past the guests dressed in expensive-looking clothes. They all looked rich and sophisticated.

She was surprised at how she was blending in with them. The dress Jeremy had her wear was very expensive, and her makeup was classy.

Although, she and Jeremy got everyone's attention.

The women in the room were looking at Jeremy Callahan with admiration and at Elsa with envy.

Lucky her, she had the privilege to even stand next to a man like Jeremy. A man who was worshipped, praised, loved, and feared.

Lucky her indeed!

Unlike Elsa, who was feeling shy and uncomfortable with the staring, Jeremy was used to it by now and had his head held high.

He was not the number one young master for nothing. He had his style, and he knew he had charm.

His face was serious the entire time as he led his wife to where his family was.

When Elsa saw where he was taking her, she almost ran away.

Actually, she was turning around to run, but Jeremy's firm grip on her waist kept her in place, next to him.

Elsa felt uncomfortable the moment they arrived, and the pair of eyes that looked at her with nothing but hatred just made everything worse.