chapter 21

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

"Good, good girls," she said. She then crouched down and hugged them both, one on each side. "There are many bad people, evil things in this world. Demons... Monsters... Who want to take you away from me. You have to stay strong and do exactly as I say, okay?"

"Okay mommy!" they answered. "Take your doll. It will always protect you," she gave them a doll she had just bought for them. This was the first doll she had bought, and they had to share it. Little Elsa and little Gwen had no idea what was going on with their mom, but suddenly they had become restless and freaked out over the slightest thing. She would occasionally claim to see a demon that wanted to take the twins away from her and make her feel guilty. This went on for three years, and after that, the children's office got involved. Elsa and Gwen were now 15 years old.

Gwen remembered being interviewed first by some people from both the hospital and child services. "Gwen, we believe your mother is not well and we want to help her. And the only way we can is if you tell us everything that has happened in the past three years!"

"No! You want to lock her away, my mom is not crazy!" she screamed at the officer. Someone was trying to make her seem like she was. She found out about this some time ago, and that was why she wasn't taken away from her sooner. She covered up her illness every time. However, she didn't mention this to Elsa. She didn't want to scare her even more.

"Gwen, calm down. No one is taking your mom away!"

"I know you want to take her away from me!" she said as she started breaking down. "She is not crazy!"

"But she claimed a demon is trying to steal you away from her. She needs to be helped."

"That's because someone has been making her see those things, I know that. Believe me, if you just give her some time she will be fine."

"Did Jenna tell you that or did you see this person yourself?"

"She told me. And I believe her." Jenna told her this in the beginning before she started believing these demons were actually real.

But despite all her protests, her mom was taken to a mental institution and she and Elsa were taken to their grandma. It was either that or foster care. After three years of not being allowed to see her, they went to find their mom. But they were told she committed suicide after four months.

The twins took all their mother's belongings and her ashes since she asked to be cremated, and left for their old house. There was a friend who had been taking care of the house for them the entire time they moved in with their grandma. Now they had the house to themselves, but they didn't stay long since they still had to go to college.

Gwen looked through Jenna's belongings desperately, searching for anything she had missed, any clue of who was messing with her mom. And then she noticed a name, the name of the demon. The name of the woman whose mission was to destroy her mom. And now her mission was to find out why and destroy her too. A woman named Esther Rowland.

FLASHBACK ENDS

After those words, there was a small paragraph that said,

"Mommy, you were tortured to insanity and I couldn't protect you then, but today I will start my revenge against the people who wronged you. The woman who drove you mental."