chapter 86

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me. Tomorrow, you resign."

Elsa turned to look at him, but Jeremy didn't return the gaze because his eyes were watching the road.

Elsa looked at the man's handsome side profile, questioning what was wrong with him and what exactly he wanted with her.

She silently observed him for a while. "No!" she finally said.

Jeremy's eyebrows furrowed. "What did you say?!"

It would be best for everyone involved if he had heard her wrong.

"No, I will not quit my job," she said firmly.

But the determination in her voice did not last. Seeing the expression on Jeremy's face, she wisely changed her tone to a gentle one. "I told you, I need the money."

She did not want him to get angry at her, especially here where she had nowhere to run.

Jeremy didn't answer her immediately, but his grip on the steering wheel tightened.

Elsa started looking out the window as cars passed by, trying not to die from the uncomfortable silence.

"I'll give you the money," Jeremy suddenly said, almost startling Elsa.

"What?"

"You married me to milk money out of me, right? I will give you the money you need!"

Elsa felt a dull pain in her heart. She wasn't a gold digger. She would never be with someone for their money.

She was working for a reason - to have her own money.

Even if he saw Gwen as a gold digger and those words were meant for her, that didn't help the pain in her chest.

Her mind drew Gwen's image for her - that pretty girl with bangs and long hair that touched her ass. That pretty girl who wore dark shades of makeup and had a sly fox personality. Yes, she was a fox. That is why she always had men eating out of her hand.

"No! I don't want to depend on you for basic things. No!" she shook her head in protest.

That was not her character. She would never, ever do that.

It didn't seem right. Nobody got their money easily; everyone works for it. She will not take someone else's sweat, even if that person was someone as rich as Jeremy Callahan.

"80,000 a month!" he began to bargain.

This made Elsa look at him slightly annoyed. "I told you, no!" she found herself raising her voice without wanting to.

In response, Jeremy suddenly stopped the car in the middle of the road. He turned to Elsa. His dark eyes looked into her bright ones with disdain.

"What are you trying to pull, you little vixen?... Oh, I see, you want me to add more money, right? Acting like you don't want any so that I raise the price?"

Elsa didn't really want to deal with this, so she started unbuckling her seatbelt. She then opened the car door and was about to leave, only for her hand to be caught.

"Did I tell you you can leave?" he groaned with dissatisfaction. Elsa tried to take her arm back, but the stubborn man refused to let her go.

Elsa sighed, "Mr. Callahan, please let go of me!"

Jeremy did let her go, but he immediately buckled her seatbelt back and leaned his body on hers as she closed her door.

"You make me sick! You disgust me!"

And with that, he started driving again.