chapter 61

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

After learning all of this, Elsa was shocked beyond words. She couldn't believe it.

"So, Gwen saw Esther tormenting my mom?" she asked, her eyes getting teary.

"She did... And it seems like she followed her to the hospital. Maybe to finish her off."

That statement made her heart clench and her stomach do a weird flip. How could someone do that to her mom? What sort of twisted mind would even come up with that?

"Why didn't Gwen tell me about this?" Elsa asked, breathing heavily. "She needed proof first. Something she could work with."

Elsa leaned into her chair, feeling at a loss. "Wow... I don't even know what to say. All along, I thought Mom was just insane. I never thought someone was drugging her and making her see those things just so she could be sent to the psych ward."

"Your mom wasn't unstable. She was driven to that state... Gwen knew this. She just had to prove it."

But when the Rowlands realized she was onto them, they wanted Victoria to marry Jeremy as soon as possible for protection, since Gwen wasn't such an easy target.

"Why wasn't Gwen an easy target?"

"She had street protection. People who were loyal to her. People who could break the law for her without even being asked. Street protection is something very important, especially when you are dealing with ruthless people.

"But that didn't make her completely safe. There were times they did harass her and find ways to get to her. Especially when Gwen found out something more. I don't know what it is, but it was something that could ruin them. The entire family, that is. Including Victoria.

"Gwen knew that if Victoria became Mrs. Callahan, there was no way she could beat them. So, she had to sabotage.

"That was where Jeremy came in."

"The marriage thing?" Elsa asked.

"Yes. Well, Jeremy did know Gwen before that, but not really. He was having some sort of relationship with Victoria, who was 'friends' with Gwen. Some months ago, they both attended her friend's birthday party.

"In that drunken state Jeremy was in, Gwen planned out a scheme. Well thought out, well calculated. Not going to fail. She took Jeremy with her. And the next morning, when he woke up, Jeremy saw Gwen lying next to him. Them being in bed described what had happened between them the night before.

"Before he could comprehend or figure out the situation, there was a knock on the door followed by a group of reporters that blocked the exit out of there. They were tipped by Gwen, so they had their cameras ready to capture the moment.

"They couldn't wait to publish the news of Jeremy Callahan having spent the night with a mysterious woman.

"The Callahans are the most distinguished family in the country. They have a squeaky clean image which they maintain at all costs. They never want anything staining their name and honor. Evidently, they are an aristocratic family and have a literary reputation.

"Jeremy's grandfather, the Old Master Callahan, is an old-fashioned man. After he found out about that spicy information about his grandson, he announced Jeremy and Gwen's wedding immediately.