chapter 82

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

The doctor looked at Elsa's eyes and noticed that she was crying.

"Miss Halverson, are you okay?" he asked with concern.

Elsa sniffed and cleared her throat, wiping the remaining tears from her face. "Yes, yes, I'm fine."

The doctor looked at her with concern. "I know how you feel."

Elsa wondered what he meant.

"This place," he continued, "it can do something to you... Seeing the patients screaming and calling out demons can affect you. It's okay, you'll be fine," he assured.

Elsa guessed he meant he understood her anxiety about working in a mental hospital for the first time.

"Thank you, Doctor," she said with a light smile.

"Call me Allan," he said with a sweet, low baritone. Elsa nodded slightly.

She wanted to say her name back to him, but just then, before she could, one of the nurses ran to them at a very high speed.

"Doctor! Doctor!"

"What is the matter?" Allan said, giving her his full attention.

"The patient in ward six tried to commit suicide," she screamed with urgency.

Allan immediately ran in the direction where the nurse came from. Elsa found herself running too, following him and the nurse.

But only for Elsa to freeze down the hall. She saw the man being dragged away as he screamed and kicked, crying.

Two male nurses were holding him with both hands, taking him to another room.

"No, I have to end this! Stop trying to stop me!... Don't stop me from ending this! What's the point?! What's the point of living?!"

"Let me fucking die! Let me fucking die!" he screamed at the top of his lungs.

Elsa stared at the scene in front of her and was immediately paralyzed.

She remembered something. She remembered something painful. She remembered her mother being dragged away from her and Gwen in the very same way on that fateful day.

The day they brought her here and locked her here. She remembered after their interview, how they decided to make their mum stay in the hospital against her will.

Elsa remembered how she struggled to get back to her and Gwen, screaming and crying. Elsa held the doll her mother had bought them while Gwen held Elsa tightly.

She hugged Elsa tightly, whispering, "It is going to be okay." Elsa looked at the suicidal man and for some reason, she stopped seeing him and saw her mother.

She saw her mother being taken... being taken away from her... being taken away from Gwen... being taken from her and Gwen.

She remembered shouting after her, "Mum! Mum! Mummy, don't leave us!"

"Don't abandon us!"

As the man was dragged, she remembered how her mum was dragged in one direction and the children's officers dragged her and Gwen in the other direction.

They were just 15, but they weren't strong enough to break free. They separated them... They separated them from their mother.

Screams... Cries... Sweat... Tears...

"Mum!" Elsa found herself suddenly calling out as the man disappeared into the other room.

She saw her mum disappearing too. She saw how she disappeared and was never seen again.