chapter 78

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

"Why can't you just listen to me? My data has been changed. I am not Gwen. Just believe me," Elsa pleaded.

"The only person I believe is Victoria. I will never believe a woman like you," he said with disgust.

Elsa looked at him and saw how he was holding Victoria so affectionately. It was pointless. He had already picked his side. She just nodded and looked away.

The fact that he slapped her made her very angry too. She hated that action, and he had no excuse for it. And she was not making one for him either.

"Are you going to apologize to Victoria?" he asked. Elsa shook her head but didn't say anything.

"If you don't apologize to her, I don't want you under my roof!" he threatened.

Elsa lifted her eyes and looked at him. She then smiled. "Okay."

Jeremy expected her to apologize, only for her to go to her closet and take her suitcase.

When she saw the confusion on his face, she smiled again.

"You forced me to stay here, I didn't want to. You giving me an option to leave is such a wish come true for me. I am not sleeping here tonight. And I am not apologizing to your love. You can have her move in. And you can send the divorce papers to me. I won't stay anywhere near an abusive husband! Even if the marriage is forced!"

They both stood there watching as Elsa packed her suitcase. She couldn't take everything right now, so she took what she needed.

Elsa held onto her bag as she walked out of that house without looking back. Today was a slap in the face, what would happen tomorrow? A punch?

Nothing was keeping her with this man. She didn't need any of this. Let them be together; they deserved each other since they both loved insulting and throwing hands.

Elsa took a taxi back home to Gwen's apartment. She immediately felt better after walking through that door.

This was for the best. She would just stay away from that man and everything related to him.

***

"Elsa! Elsa!" a voice called for her.

It was the voice of a child. A little girl's voice.

Elsa was seated on the beach with the urn in her hand, waiting for sunset so she could spread the ashes into the waters of April Sea.

She turned around curiously.

The moment she did, she saw a little girl, but her back was facing her, so she couldn't see her face. She was wearing a long white dress and had her hair in two pigtails.

"Elsa, come and see," she said.

The little girl then started giggling as she ran in the opposite direction of where Elsa was.

Elsa got up from the ground and watched the girl run, only to realize she was heading towards the palm tree forest.

"Hey! Wait! Don't go in there. Don't go to the forest! Stop!" Elsa shouted after her, but the little girl didn't stop.

She had no choice but to chase after her. The girl just kept running while giggling at her.

"Come, Elsa, come and see. Something beautiful... Like you."

That voice sounded familiar. It was a childish voice, but it sounded like she had heard it before.

Elsa decided not to debate further on it and kept chasing the little girl, who was running too fast.

The girl did reach the forest, despite Elsa calling after her and telling her to turn around.

She had to go in there and get her. Who knows what dangers a toddler can face inside?

She wanted to save her and bring her back, perhaps take her to her mother.

Elsa ran to the forest, quickening her pace. But the moment she got in, everything changed.