chapter 46

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

"Oh," that was the only response Elsa could give him. She was still very scared about everything that had happened.

Learning that this man and her sister knew each other closely, and he still shot at them, made Elsa wonder if the person who shot Gwen was a foe or a friend.

"If I knew you were Elsa, I wouldn't have kidnapped you. My anger is not for you," he said softly, still keeping a serious face.

Elsa decided to ask a question she had been wanting to ask everyone who had called her Gwen this month.

"Why did you think I was Gwen? Don't you know where Gwen is?" She couldn't bring herself to say, "Don't you know Gwen is dead?"

Dead was a word she hadn't come to accept yet. Maybe she still needed more time.

"I thought I did. I thought she was dead. Until I saw on the internet that they called you both Gwen and Elsa. I thought Gwen found a way to cheat death and then tried to change her name and go undercover, only to do a very shitty job at it," he chuckled. "What I didn't understand though, is why choose her twin sister's name?"

"It was either she faked her death, or you were impersonating her. Those were the best explanations I could think of," Elsa explained to him.

"Gwen is really gone, Sir. She is no longer here with us. I came to the city a few weeks ago, and for some reason, everyone who meets me thinks I am Gwen who just changed her name," Elsa said, remembering Jeremy. She had been forced into a marriage that he had planned with Gwen, and that man was nowhere near nice. He was all cold and bossy. Elsa then thought of something.

"If I may ask, Sir-"

"Lui," he interrupted Elsa.

"What?" she asked, confused about what that meant.

"Call me Lui, Elsa," he said. Elsa smiled a little at that before continuing her thoughts.

"Okay. If I may ask, Lui, could you please describe my sister to me? What did she look like in your eyes? And who did you see her as?" she asked carefully.

Elsa noticed Lui's eyes light up as he seemed to be transported to another place in his mind, somewhere he liked a lot. "Mmmh! Where to begin..." he stared into nothing in particular as he continued.

"Gwen was everything. She was both holy and sinful. She was both angelic and evil. She was both fire and ice. She was so good, yet so bad. God! She was a little seductress, a living Delilah.

"How do you think she was able to take both the liver and the money from me successfully and even make it out of the building? She could just use her words, and you would go blind to her schemes. She was sneaky, she was sly. She was devious. That girl was dangerous.

"Very dangerous, in fact. But the type of danger she was, was the type that made you want to be destroyed by her. Like a moth to a flame. You know it's bad for you, but you cannot resist the desire.

"She just had her way, you know? A way to make you forgive all her sins while knowing very well she would sin against you again," he finished by saying,

"She was worshipped here."