chapter 80

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

It was early in the morning when Elsa received a call asking her to come in for an interview at the hospital.

At least that helped distract her from her thoughts. Thoughts that kept replaying a dream and questioning its importance or meaning.

It was easier for her to ignore it and hope the dream would go away.

She went for the interview and was immediately hired to start the next day.

She never thought she would have to apply for a job as a cleaner, but it was easier for her to get hired in that position.

Since it was Elsa's first day, she didn't have the opportunity to snoop around much.

She wanted to find anything related to her mother, Gwen. Anything at all that had her mother's name on it.

Three days later, she finally had a chance to be alone in the file storage room.

She searched through the shelves, hoping to find something that belonged to her mom. Each box had a name tag, but none of them were close to her mother's name.

She left the file storage room feeling hopeless. However, since she hadn't searched everywhere, she didn't give up just yet.

Gwen was looking for something, so there had to be something she wanted to find there. But the next day ended without her finding anything. And today, just as her shift was ending, she went to the storage room for the third time.

She searched and searched, this time more closely and attentively than before. Just as she was about to give up, she spotted a box labeled 'Jenna Halverson' on a high shelf covered in dust.

The name tag on the box was barely visible. Excitement washed over her. It was a medium-sized box, neither big nor small.

She reached for it with both hands, immediately took it, placed it on the floor, and opened it. She looked at the box as if she had found a treasure, almost speaking like a pirate as she opened her treasure chest.

"Me thinks me found me lost treasure!" she exclaimed.

"No, no Elsa, now is not the time to be trying to be funny."

In the box, the first thing she found was a journal. It was old, but it was new to Elsa. She had never seen it before. She took it out immediately and opened it.

Her heart was beating fast as she looked at the first page. Her hands were shaking, especially knowing that this was her mom's journal where she wrote her thoughts.

On the first page, Jenna had written the song she used to sing to Elsa when she was young. It was their lullaby, titled "Truest Love."

Is this what heaven's like?
Full of magic, full of life.
It's such a sweet delight, to watch silently through the night.

It's the truest love of something divine.
My arms open wide to embrace what's mine.
It's the truest love of something divine.
My arms open wide to embrace what's mine.

Now open your music box and dance with me, my love.
There's nothing to block this hope. You're an angel from above.

Elsa remembered how Jenna would hug them during the song, her arms opening wide to embrace her daughters. She called them angels from above.