chapter 81.

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Elsa remembered how she had asked if their mom could keep the doll, let it protect her.

The doll, she said, would protect them. She asked the nurse to give it to their mother.

The nurse said she would, and it seemed like she kept her word because the doll was right there, in the box.

Elsa took her doll, feeling like she was traveling back to her childhood, and sang "TRUEST LOVE" again while reading the lyrics as tears fell down her face.

Grandma was right, when you lose a loved one, a scar always remains. She then opened the next page, and tears dropped on the page immediately.

This page only had four short sentences:

My daughters.

My two lion cubs.

My two angels.

I hope to see your faces again.

Elsa could barely breathe after reading that. She opened the next page only to immediately hope she didn't.

She held onto the doll with teary eyes as she read it. "She followed me here. The demon followed me here. I have to get out and protect my daughters. They might hurt them. I want to protect them. I have to be there to protect them because if they take me, too, they won't have anyone."

Elsa opened the next page slowly. "She keeps telling me she is an angel of mercy. She will bring me to a better place. She wants me to leave. She wants me to die, but she wants me to do that to myself. She wants me to be the one to end my life."

Elsa couldn't continue reading, so she went to the last page. "I have fought. Fought for my Elsa and fought for my Gwen. But now, my spirit is tired. Maybe I should give up and let her give me the medicine. She claims it will take away the pain. But she gave me this pain too. She played a bigger part."

Before Elsa could process that, she suddenly heard footsteps. She put the box and everything in the bucket, covered it with brooms and rugs, then wiped her tears.

She started pushing the janitorial rolling bucket. As she opened the door, leaving the storage room, she bumped into a doctor.

He was the one she had heard footsteps of. When he saw her, there was relief all over his face, like he had been looking for her for quite some time.

"Miss Halverson! There you are," he breathed.

Elsa just smiled, not knowing what to answer, but she knew she should have asked if he was looking for her, which would question why.

He is a doctor, and she was a cleaner. It cannot be that he wants Elsa to help with any patients.

"Someone is here looking for you," the doctor said. Elsa was surprised. Who would come looking for her? She couldn't think of anyone.

"Really? Who?"

"He says he is your husband." Elsa was even more surprised. What was Jeremy doing there?

They hadn't spoken or seen each other in six days. Elsa had stayed at her apartment the entire week, and they hadn't visited each other since.

What could he possibly want now? And how did he know where to find her?

Today's chapters have been one of the most important ones in the entire book. If there was a way that Wattpad allowed you to put a bookmark I would have recommended it.

There is a lot of mysteries here. A lot to uncover, a lot to discover.

Nothing in this story is a concidence.

So keep your eyes open👀..

😅 Anyway, I hope you are liking the books so far.