chapter 33

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

It has been four years since my mom left, and what she left for me helped me so much in starting a life for myself.

She really knew how to take care of me, even when she isn't here anymore. And Gwen too.

She is finding her path with what mom left for her. I talk to my mom and tell her about my condition. She is the only person I will tell, nobody else. Not even my twin.

I don't want anyone's pity. I don't want anyone to look at me wondering when I'm going to drop dead.

I want to live these last days normally. So, I make a decision. First, I need to break up with my boyfriend.

He has been pursuing me for so long, until I finally gave him some attention.

He is currently out of town visiting his family, so I can't do it face to face. I call him instead and tell him it's over.

He asks why and why so suddenly. He asks what he did wrong and tells me let's talk about this because he doesn't want to lose me. But I don't give him a chance or an explanation.

It hurts me so much to end things with him, but I am doing this for him. I don't want him to lose a girlfriend. I'm saving him from that pain.

In a month or so, his heartbreak will be better, and losing me won't hurt as much. I don't want him to bury his girlfriend. I am dying soon.

If the tumor worsens, it will be very soon, and that is inevitable.

I don't want to leave him in pain and tears, with a wound that cannot heal and him soaking in depression.

I know how much he loves me. I love him too. That is why I am doing this. I may not love him the way I wished I did, but I still loved him enough to want to try things with him.

He tells me he is coming back to look for me, but I tell him not to bother because I will not talk to him. We are done, and it will be better for both of us if he accepts that.

I say this with a heavy heart, but I must. He just tells me if that's how I feel, he cannot force me otherwise.

I am glad he understands, even if it's with a heavy heart. I end the call as tears roll down my face.

He is someone very special to me. It's so sad it had to end. But I have to save him from what's about to come.

He doesn't deserve a sick girlfriend he would constantly be worried about.

He didn't deserve a walking dead.

I may not have loved him so much that he was my entire world. I am yet to love someone like that, and probably never will with my life being so short.

But I loved him enough not to want to put him through this. He was someone I wanted to try with, hoping it would develop into something so beautiful, but I guess we were never meant to be.

I keep talking to my mom, telling her how I'll be seeing her again soon.

Dying at 27 years old was not my plan, but this is the end of the road for me. And there is nothing I can do about that.

I am 22 right now, and who knows if this tumor will worsen and cut my life shorter.

FLASHBACK ENDS.